“Unimpressive at best”

Bullets -Bonnies-Doyles Irish Pub
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We’ve visited Monroe a few times – charming little town of 11,000 or so. But this was the first time we ate at Bullets -Bonnies-Doyles Irish Pub, three places in one building. Doyles is just what the name implies, a local tavern. Bonnie’s is the upstairs restaurant, closed when we were there. So we ate downstairs at Bullets. Quite unimpressive food in a quite drab setting. My ribeye was gristly and fatty and undercooked, I found a hair in my twice-baked potato, and my wife’s walleye was tasteless and very overdone in a panko (?) breading. I would rate Bullets zero except the small, limited salad bar was OK, despite the very small plate and one-trip rule. All-in-all, based on our one and only experience there, we definitely would not recommend Bullets restaurant. There are enough other places that are quite good, in particular the Ratskellar (excellent Swiss cuisine) and Laughing Trout (upscale menu and prices).

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed June 18, 2019

We had a pizza at Bullets--very good. The crust was delicous. I ordered a side salad and it was a generous size. And the service was great.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

The salad bar is small, but the vegetables are fresh. I did enjoy my $17 steak more than a $30 steak I had elsewhere recently, and our waitress was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is a bit character-free and crowded, though.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

My husband his daughter love prime rib. They were not disappointed. I had coconut shrimp. Very good. House Merlot wine was good

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

There are a lot of things I like about Bullets. Love the atmosphere! They offer a large menu with a nice variety. They have great pizza! A bullets special is a must!! If you are looking for a steak or even lobster... there's Bonnies upstairs. They have a great staff! Its been our go to place for years.

Date of visit: March 2019