“Great local place with great food!”
Review of Blue Ox

Blue Ox
Ranked #32 of 41 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American
Description: Was a Country Kitchen Phone 608-328-8116
Description: Was a Country Kitchen Phone 608-328-8116
Joplin
“Great local place with great food!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were in Monroe for a day of so on a 2-week trip. I LOVED Monroe! We ate at the Blue Ox, and the food was great!! We had a very large group, and the service was great! We didn't have to wait long to get our food, and it was great when we got it! Great food, great service, and reasonably priced. Recommend!!

• Visited May 2012

South Wayne, Wisconsin, United States
“Food good, nice decor”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hadn't been in this place since it was Country Kitchen. Food was good, service good. Place was clean.

Visited September 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“A good place to eat after shopping at the Swiss Colony, Monroe, WI.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Today we went to Monroe to the Swiss Colony Outlet shoppes. After shopping and getting some great deals, we were hungry and it was lunch time, The Blue Ox shares a parking lot with the Swiss Colony Outlet. We did not know what to expect, but the parking lot had plenty of cars. I had fried perch which came with soup or salad and choice of potatoes. I had 2 large pieces of fish and hash browns. The meal was plentiful. I brought a piece of fish & half of the hashbrowns home for dinner tonight.

1 Thank TravelingDiva13
Iowa
“Fill your tanks”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Took a day ride with my oldest daughter on Badger State Trail from Illinois state line to Monroe Wisconsin, about eight miles one way. Nice trail, flat, no adolescent complaints. It turns out that the trail winds around Monroe and passes right to the back door of Blue Ox. Always being hungry, my daughter asked if we could stop and eat. It was Sunday, around two in the afternoon. We locked up the bikes and went in to eat. Nice clean establishment, lots of townies, which usually means good eats. We sat down and was told, breakfast all day! Neither of us took advantage but I was tempted and I saw a couple of plates go by and they looked good. Let's face it, unless a restaurant does something wrong, breakfasts are a slam. My daughter got chicken strips and I got a hamburger. As the review says, we filled our tanks and the service was quick, polite, correct. My burger came with fries and choice of soup or salad. I took the salad, head lettuce with onions and a decent blue cheese dressing. My girl opted for the soup, french onion. She did not care for it but she doesn't like onions and could not quite understand the choice. I told her to ask for the other option, chicken and stars but she was not interested. I ate the soup and it was ok. Boom bang a half hour later and twenty bucks lighter in the pockets, we went over to check out Brennan's Market...but that's another review. Don't hesitate to stop at the Blue Ox.

• Visited August 2012