“Enjoyable”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The food was very good here! Had the small cheese platter, chili and a sandwich. I was hoping the bread would have been a higher quality bread, but it was still very good. I bought some of their infamous mustard!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Tasty, reasonably priced, bustling local restaurant featuring famous cheese sandwiches, great chili and nice selection of beers. This is NOT the place to go if you're looking for a quiet, intimate lunch. We enjoyed the community table, meeting others from near and far. Definitely would recommend and will visit here again!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very good local place to eat (with visitors from all over the world), with full bar and cheese shop.

The sandwiches are very good, and very generously portioned with meat and cheese. Don't hesitate to try the Limburger sandwich if you've never tried it - we split it as an appetizer, and it was very good (ok, my eldest daughter did not think so, but the rest of us did).

Remember to buy some cheese for later too - definitely not your typical grocery store stuff.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

It was nice to order some old fashioned normal food. My 13yr old daughter and I each ordered a cold sandwich and both agreed it was one of the best sandwiches we have had in years. Atmosphere kept us looking and entertained . Glad we stopped here

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Not everyone will get excited by a braunschweiger on rye sandwich but I was. It's just something that you never see on a menu . That and a nice cold spotted cow - perfect Saturday lunch for me

1  Thank TravelerChicagoarea

Been to Baumgartner's? Share your experiences!