“Very nice!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for the weekend, hotel is very nice & clean. It was nice to have a refrigerator & microwave in our room! The pool and hottub area is big & great for the kids. Breakfast was good with hot items too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Everything about this Reasonable Priced Hotel was perfect, EXCEPT the
Side Door that BANGED everytime a person came or went the entire night. Our room was directly on top of the stairs from that door. In the morning we compared the door closer to the front door and evidently it wasn't working. The desk clerk remarked that it was supposed to be "FIXED". Not!! The room and bathroom was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was EXCEPTIONAL. Please get that door closer FIXED immediately. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the AmericInn in Monroe, WI as we passed through on our way to Minneapolis. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The area was really quaint and we had a great time exploring the town for a few hours before we took off the next day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is very clean, The rooms are nice and quiet. pool was nice and warm and excellent and fast breakfast options. If you like ATV'N you can ride right from the parking lot to over 50 miles of trails ,just one-way! And very nice friendly staff

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room was clean, the staff was friendly, egg sausage, waffle and bagels out for breakfast with plenty of drink options, food was good also!! Would definately stay again here for our next visit. The pool area was nice, plenty of parking, brand new carpet throughout the building, close enough to downtown, but not to busy of an area. Great restaurants located just a walk away!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were so happy with our stay. The motel was full, and our room was near the lobby, but it was very quiet. We had an excellent omelet made fresh with ingredients of our choice for breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed 1 night for business, booked on-line while en-route, confirmed they take service animals, upon arrival- front staff stated they do not take pets, after discussing that we booked on-line with corporate, and tracking down a manager-- finally agreed to let us stay-- oh yeah-- this was all after they had already charged my account for the room-- before even checking in. Then learned they did not have a elevator-- while I have a back disorder limiting what I can lift, asking if they had someone who could help with baggage with a resounding- NO we dont do that, inquired about a 1st floor room over 2nd floor then, again-- NO- the room you have is all we can give you because of the service- dog! By the way-- did I mention the dog is a whopping 8lb yorky that helps detect seizures and PTSD issues-- menacing terror that wrecks everything? Room was fine- clean etc, staff was less than Helpful or courteous, upon check out-- it continued, as I was leaving the second floor, a room cleaner took it upon herself to come out of the room she was cleaning and inform me in a less than courteous tone " We don't allow any dogs in our hotel Sir" as I replied- Its a service dog- got it covered" had a debate with her over the hotel's policy, to which I ended it saying- well we are checking out, you worry about doing you're job of prepping rooms, and not the front desks booking policies, as I finished packing up- she proceeded to run down to the front desk and Tattle I guess, as I went in to get my receipt and found the maid and desk clerk still discussing my service animal, where upon me walking in-- the maid hightailed it out of there not liking the explanation the desk clerk gave her?? Just got a horrible reception all the way around, I travel ALOT as a contractor, and understand the pet policies, and have no problem paying pet fees when required, and my animal is VERY well trained, quiet, and is probably better treated by me then I treat most people:) So, when I book on-line- I do my research, I would suggest that the local staff do the same and know their own rules and regulations before treating their guests like garbage.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DickJane82, Owner at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Dale T.,

Once again I'm sorry for your stay. As we told Kelly T., we had no idea this was a service dog, we had to ask seeing we don't allow pets. If a service dog does not have a vest on we don't know. And you said you called the 800 number and asked. Again, 3rd parties don't relay messages to us. With any special requests/questions we recommend the person calling the hotel directly. I'm sorry this happened to you.

The "housekeeper" that asked you in the hallway was actually the manager. She didn't follow you down. And she knows the "pet policy" with ADA, so I'm surprised you said she had a debate over the policy. But again, if our policy is no pets she would be asking if she saw an animal. We do have people bring animals in at times and we don't allow them. Looking to the other guests, some are very allergic to animal dander so they expect no pets. The size of the animal isn't the issue.

And I'm sorry you were told no about helping with luggage. I'll look and see who this was. I am surprised because the staff is usually very helpful. Maybe at the time they couldn't and just came across wrong. There is only one person there at the front. Again I'm sorry how they came across. They have called us before, the owners, to help with luggage. So I really don't know why they wouldn't have this time.

I'm sorry for all these issue on how you were treated. As you can see I also responded to Kelly T. about your stay already. Of course service dogs are allowed. But if you did do your research, as you said, you would see we don't allow pets, this is why we asked.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Super 8 Monroe WI
#5 of 7 in Freeport
Boarders Inn & Suites Evansville, WI
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport
Country Inn & Suites Stockton

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!