“Very comfortable and clean!”

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our room was very clean when we got there! Very friendly staff and a nice breakfast and great coffee! We had a large group and required multiple rooms, and nobody had complaints. The hotel isn't far from restaurants, WalGreens, and Dollar General, so that was convenient! Enjoyed our stay! Recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We always try to stay here when we are in Monroe...it is by far the best in Monroe ! We were in town for several days and tried to get in here each day ...some days we could not :( Book way ahead of time if you can !
The rooms are clean and quiet and comfortable. Good internet service and a nice big desk to work at and lots of choices on the TV. Lots of choices nearby for eats and shopping. This year I noticed that the towels were very nice and soft and also the breakfast choices are getting better. They had fresh fruit every day , oranges , apples & one day they had bartlett pears ! There is now eggs with sausage or bacon. There was really good cinnamon pecan rolls ....
The only issue we had was with our government discount. we have gotten this every year but this year they wanted to nit-pick about it :( Strange as no other Americinn has done this or any other motel chain for that matter ...not this year or in the past. We did land here during Cheese Days so that might have been the problem as rates are different during events...

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side of the building are the most quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

As a Travel Agent I booked this motel over a month ago with specific needs. With a bad back and a wife that is blind that can't do stairs I said a ground floor room. Get here and the clerk says the room is on the 2nd floor. So how do I get bags to the room? Throw them up to the second floor? Nope schlep them up the stairs and down a long hallway. Basically we were stuck with no other hotels/motels in the immediate area to sleep at for the night we are forced to stay here.

Rooms: ok basic room with color tv mini microwave and fridge coffee maker and two queen beds.

The hotel is fine and the rooms are ok. It's the staff's indifference to the fact that having a handicapped family member and being put on the 2nd floor proved to be a challenge. Asked about what they would do in the case of a person with a wheelchair and the response was, just pull them up the stairs!!! Are you kidding me? I mean seriously that's insane to expect someone with a handicapped party to pull someone in a wheelchair up a flight of stairs....

I'm sure that this motel is probably a super fine motel for the locals but this would never work in the south or other parts of the country. It has to violate the ADA act by not providing facilities that were requested well in advance. I have a great Aunt and a Cousin living in Monroe and will be back but will stay with them or someplace with a more modern up to date hotel.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs make sure that they don't put you on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OCALAFLORIDATRAVELER
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. I do see there was an issue not being able to get a first floor room. You said you are a travel agent and you made the reservation. In our defense, first floor is not list anywhere on the reservation. We were full that weekend. We would have moved you to first floor, but there was none available. I am sorry this happened.

We really do strive to make every guest's stay a great stay. I'm sorry this happened, this really isn't normal for us.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

An attentive and friendly staff, clean rooms, a large assortment of breakfast items and a quiet room.
It was a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2012

There isn't much choice in this small town but this seems to be the hotel that fills up the quickest. I stayed here 3 times (throughout April - June 2011) while I was working in town and each time I was lucky to get a one of the last rooms. Each time I've stayed they seem to be filled up with people like me who are in town working for however temporarily. I'll continue to try to stay here again if I have to work in town but I'll try to call early to get a room!
The desk staff is pleasant and the breakfast is typical of AmericInns; decent continental style breakfast. Hotel was quiet, I didn't hear my neighbors. Two of my rooms were very clean and comfy. On my second stay I got the handicap room. It was quite nice except that the shower was mildewy/moldy/musty; possibly because it's not used/cleaned often enough. I mentioned this in the morning at check-out and they gave me a discount even though I didn't request one.

Room Tip: Call early to make sure you get a room. If your in a room that might not be used often, check the s...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2012

There aren't many choices of hotels for Monroe. If i needed to stay in Monroe again, I would stay here again. The room is average - it is just an AmericInn. I believe the bedding was recently remodeled (or at least it seemed that way). The room was clean and big. The breakfast was what you would expect for a free breakfast for this type of hotel. There is a restaurant/bar within walking distance, which is nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank apple422
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed on a whirlpool ripon while attending a friends wedding. Checked in early, and enjoyed entire stay. Good service and clean. We will go back.

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Super 8 Monroe WI
Super 8 Darlington
Super 8 Darlington
#1 of 2 in Darlington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!