“Best place to eat in Monroe!”
Review of Pancho and Lefty's

Pancho and Lefty's
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is as small restaurant that packs people in. It has a small bar and you usually have to wait for a table. You can leave your number and they will call when a table opens up.The food is unbelievable. It's a place where other restaurant owners go to eat.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was born and grew up in Monroe and I will admit I was always a bit disappointed with the restaurants in my town until this place opened! I would go so far as to say this restaurant is better than the majority of ones I go to where I live in urban Milwaukee. I would highly recommend the fish tacos! The seating area is limited by their space so plan for a short wait if you are dinning in, especially during peak hours.

I find the review by 'Smartybib' to be a bit unfair. As I said earlier the seating area at Pancho and Lefty's is limited in their small space, and several times I've (very happily) waited a while for a table to open on friday/saturday nights. To expect them to block off almost 20% of their seating during peak hours is not realistic and not fair to their other patrons. There was obviously some sort of miscommunication between you and the restaurant, but your expectations were unrealistic and your review is not an accurate depiction of the service at this place.

As someone who has been there several times I would highly suggest readers disregard 'Smartybib' and go try Pancho and Lefty's for themselves!

1  Thank Brandon_Davis92

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Love the atmosphere, the people who own it. Now the food! Yum Yum the best barbecue, but others love the Mexican and the mac and cheese is great

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had the combo platter: ribs, pulled pork and brisket and when our server asked which I liked best I had to answer "all of them!" The pulled pork was fantastic, not smothered in BBQ sauce but the moistest, most flavorful I've ever had! The brisket was not fatty at all, just a great cut of meat. The ribs... MMMMM!!! We don't always do dessert but the chocolate bread pudding was calling my name. It's not too sweet but eaten with the sweet whipped cream.... we were literally MMM-ing out loud!! The only downside is that the place is very small, but that won't stop us from planning trips to Monroe with the intention of eating at Pancho and Lefty's!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love, love love the grilled fish tacos. The Pig on Pig sandwich is awesome. Great nachos get a full order to share (very big). My wife always gets the chipolte burger. Daughter likes the quesidilla. Friendly atmosphere. Leave your cell # and stroll around the square, and they call you when your table is ready.

1  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place will be a pleasant surprize for most. Russell and Nadine have put together a menu that will keep you coming back. You can get more than the usual burritos. Try the "Terducken". It is excellent. The brisket and ribs are also excellent. They will even make one of my favorites, the Chicago style dog. By the way, their fries are some of the best I have ever had. Or you can try the sweet potato fries. The bar is small (four seats) but they have some nice craft beers on tap. If you are looking for a martini, forget about it. They are strictly a beer and wine place. They do make a nice "winarita". They also have a great staff. Monroe is a great place, Pancho and Lefty's are part of that greatness.

1  Thank Rick I