“David's is not a typical Jamaican name, but still OK.”

David's Jamaican Cuisine
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Monona
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was close to our hotel, soe we tried it for the lunch buffet. It was not quite real Jamaican, but very close. The jerk pork was excellent and the jerk chicken, not bad. I expected more from the Mango chicken-not as much flavor as I had hoped. The beans and rice had very few beans in it, which was a disapointment. The plaintains were good, but the soup a little salty. Did not try the tofu, but for the vegetarians, there is a good selection. The fish section was all catfish and I do not eat catfish, so I did not try that. For the money and the great wait staff, this is a good value and the best food we had in Madison for three days.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I am very enthusiastic about this place and there have been several long stretches in the past couple years where I was eating at the lunch buffet once or twice a week--the food is too good to resist. Everyone I have introduced to the place tries to make it there whenever they are on that side of town during lunchtime now.

My favorite dish is the jumbalaya, though it isn't always at the buffet. Mango chicken and jerk pork are also great. There is always a good abundance of fried plantains. I highly recommend taking a lunch break to come out here--but be prepared to take a lot of lunch breaks over here after you try it.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been eating here since a friend told me about this place 5 years ago. I have been to Jamaica 5 times on vacation and always enjoyed the food immensely. David's is the next best thng to being in Jamaica! The jerk pork is my favorite, but everything I have tried has been delicious. It is not a fancy place, but that is part of what I like about it. Very laid back atmosphere, love the pics of Bob Marley on the walls and the reggae music playing in the background. Prices are reasonable and portion sizes are generous. If you love authentic Jamaican food you must visit David's, ya mon!!!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My brother took me there for lunch on my birthday. Food was ok but not exceptional. Service and dining were very casual and perhaps that is the charm of the place for some. Did not feel like a place one would take a family.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

very a casual, seems like mom is cooking in the kitchen. tasty stuff!