“Great Barbecue, Great Price!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fat Jacks Barbecue
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Monona
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Western New York
“Great Barbecue, Great Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great selection on menu. We visited when it was all-u-can-eat chicken for $9.50 pp. Such a deal! Family-type of eatery, give it a try if you crave barbecue!

Visited June 2014

“Everything we ordered so far has been delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I just started ordering form Fat Jacks, often for carryout for lunch and everyone who orders from our work place loves it! The daily specials are great, the "sides" are wonderful The price is reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. Salads are fresh, cole slaw is tasty and unique, and each dish from Jambalaya to Barbecue to Chicken breast with morel mushroom and asparagus sauce has been great! I have heard it's the best place for Friday Fish Fry, and I can't wait to try it. The staff is freindly! I highly recommend and can't wait to eat there again.

• Visited May 2014
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Good takeout but could improve service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Absolutely love the ribs here but the sides are skimpy and subpar. The service is Inconsistent from trip to trip

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Monona, Wisconsin
“I could not believe the poor service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I ordered a take out order for several racks of ribs early in the day and was quoted a price that was their "catering price". When I picked up that evening the cashier needed help ringing up my ticket and got someone from the kitchen. The man that came out and told me that wasn't going to be the price and that his staff quoted it wrong and proceeded to charge me 1.5X the quoted price. He would not reason with me at all and said it was not his problem that his staff screwed up. I had a house full of people and needed the food so I was forced to pay it or I would have to look elsewhere. The poor cashier looked like she wanted to cry as this man made a scene. I left my phone number in case they wanted to make it right with me once they realized how unfair they were being. I didn't receive a call. I will not be returning to this restaurant not will I ever recommend it again. It's too bad they act this way.

• Visited December 2013
Monona, Wisconsin
“Genuine Barbeque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The smokehouse is right out back, and during the day the pleasant smell wafts across Monona Drive. Prices are very reasonable for authentic BBQ. If you are looking for a good salad bar, there are better places in town, Fat Jack's offers great pleasure for the carnivore. Service is friendly and attentive, and the weekly specials are indeed special. Baby back ribs are the most expensive item on the menu at $23, but I recommend them completely. Casual family dining with a homey touch. Lots of Wisconsin-themed displays on the walls and in the booths.

• Visited December 2013