Review Highlights
Cranes to geese to ducks to birds to insects....they have it all

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
DfromMadison
Madison, WI
Venue Chosen for Wedding

Reviewed May 13, 2018
rnmolacek
Verona, Wisconsin

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

whether you are just walking the pathways or going to the educational center, it is always a great experience--walking distance from where I live and I feel like I'm away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life

Reviewed May 13, 2018

I recently had my wedding at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center. It was very wonderful, in spite of the weather being a little chillier than anticipated! Duncan was a great help in coordinating the setup of the room we rented, as well as maintaining the soundtracks that we played. He was very accommodating - we visited the center to go over additional details at least three separate times before the wedding. One of the best parts I think is that revenue from rentals goes towards their children's environmental education programs!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

It was a very educational outing and the kids got some great excercise. We had a large group so we called in advance, but the grounds are large and we had plenty of space to explore. Too cold for a picnic, but good time!!

Reviewed January 23, 2018

Learn about nature indoors and outdoor activities. Lots of hands on activities. Paths to walk through woods, marshes, by the pond.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

The area is so beautiful with the natural surrounding. You don't hear the traffic and you see ducks and geese in the pond. The paths are easy to walk and it is so peaceful.

1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed December 6, 2017

My daughter loves going to Aldo for the days that school is off. They do interesting outdoor activities and get to explore nature all day long. Whenever I come to pick her up she doesn't want to go. The staff is so helpful and friendly whenever we have questions about sign up. I also really enjoy coming to Aldo to walk by the ponds and take pictures of nature. We are very lucky to have the nature center so close to home.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

My first thought was ok another nature center. But Not the case. This area was So full of Indoor and Outdoor activities we spent hours. The trails have so much to see and enjoy, Another of our three sisters trips, All three of us were able to enjoy our very different interests.Birding, flowers, hiking, huge frogs. From Beautiful wedding site to great for young children. The indoor learning center had wonderful educational displays. tho a couple of the touch screens were not in proper working order, they still had great information. Loved the day and did take a lot of great pictures.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Wonderful spot to step out of the busy city and take a quiet stroll to enjoy nature.The view of the Wisconsin River was Awesome.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Our daughter enjoys everything about ALNC. Great Naturalists and leadership. The setting is so relaxing and educational, yet located in the "city." Love it!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Free walking trails with a minimal charge for the inside activities. Don't go on the trails right after a rain without boots. They work really hard to make everything accessible for wheelchair users.