“Great for the area!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monona
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a wedding group. The hotel was clean, modern, and overall surprisingly fantastic (I've never heard of this chain before). The breakfast in the morning was delicious!

If you have to stay in the area, I recommend America Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Americinn-Monona, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We appreciate the feedback from the stay, we strive to provide a facility that is very modern, and clean. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. We will continue to make this one of the top locations in Madison/Monona. Thanks again for your comments and best regards.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went to spend few days due to a family member in hospital in Madison Wi.
The AmericaInn Inn in Monona Wi. is a great place to stay away from the
city hustle - and love being in this quiet area yet easy access to Madison to the hospital. The beds are wonderful! The staff was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again soon. Best Regards.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I made reservations and had received confirmation numbers two months in advance but they had no record of me when I showed up. I had even gotten an email 5 days in advance of my arrival saying "Looking forward to your visit" and giving my confirmation numbers again. There were at least four other groups of people there for the same wedding having the same problem.
They ended up giving my aunt and I the last room available which happened to be a suite. However, only one bed so I slept on a sofa sleeper. Suite was directly above the breakfast area so starting at 6 am I could hear people talking, laughing, dragging chairs around, etc.
Never will stay at an AmericInn again!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else in Madison.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently stayed here twice in the same week, between a family event. Having pre-paid (no cancellation option) the second stay, we had to return but would have preferred to go elsewhere. The hotel is clean and certainly in a good location for us, being close to our son's home. But overall, not that great. Could just have been the front desk staff but when we checked in and went up to our 3rd floor room, the key cards didn't work. We went downstairs for new cards; she couldn't seem to resolve the problem and we were told to come back later. It was fine because we wanted to get over to our son's house anyway.

A few hours later we returned and were given new cards to the room next door to our original, no problem...until we got to the room with all our stuff. We couldn't get online and the phone didn't work so it was another trip to the front desk. Got those taken care of; back to room for a shower and a chance to finally relax, turn in for the night. Alas, shower head fixture sprayed water everywhere but down and we couldn't adjust it.

I know these are piddly little issues but after the 9-hour drive and later after a long visit, and knowing we had to be back to our son's by 6:15 AM, we just wanted to go to our hotel, shower and relax. The loud TV in the next room made that easy...not.

The second time we stayed wasn't as bad. But when we had to extend our stay in Madison a couple more days, we opted to find another hotel down the street.

We did not eat breakfast at the AmericInn either morning but it appeared to offer the standard hotel items; coffee was ok but we like Starbuck's so it wouldn't be fair to judge on the hotel's coffee!

The 2nd stay rate was a last-minute rate so it was a great value; otherwise, meh.

Room Tip: You might want to ask the front desk person to make sure the phone is turned on before going to your...
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much the rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool area was clean and the water temp. was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had 2 rooms and both rooms were very clean and nice looking. The air conditioning worked well and they had a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We booked two rooms last weekend while visiting my daughter in Madison. The location was excellent for us and the rooms were a nice size. The air conditioning worked great as it was very hot and the cool was definitely appreciated. The people working there were very friendly. They had a decent breakfast which we had both mornings. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and our stay was horrible. First, my kids and 5 others have a rash due to the pool. It was green and disgusting!! There were ants in the pool area. The shuttle was late and some of the guest missed the wedding ceremony. I will never stay at this place again. My kids even took showers after swimming. I just can't believe you can have a pool and not keep it clean. They need to drain the pool and put fresh water in..

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!! My kids are suffering due to your pool situation!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy L
Americinn-Monona, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

One thing I wanted to mention in answering any of the reviews here is that we actually transitioned over to new management on March 1st, 2012. We have noticed that as most folks have sampled our finished product (completely remodeled rooms and lobby) they are fairly positive about the direction we are headed. I believe also that additions that I have made in staff have also helped as of late. We are planning on moving forward with a hot, homestyle breakfast as well soon (egg omelets and so forth). For any occurences that were less than favorable and that happened before March 1st, I definitely would say please give us a try now as we have worked to really bring the property back around. I would say we have better trained staff to maintain the facilities in a more consistent manner. Thank you, Eric Bunting (General Mgr)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monona
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
1 mi away
Days Inn & Suites Madison
Days Inn & Suites Madison
#27 of 63 in Madison

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South? Share your experiences!