“Golf, Golf, Golf, eat, drink, sleep. . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fox Hills Resort

and 1 more site!
Fox Hills Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mishicot
Wisconsin
“Golf, Golf, Golf, eat, drink, sleep. . . .”
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This is a place to golf. Not a weekend get-away with your sweetie! People who gave it a below rating didn't do thier research. This is a golf trip for a group of guys to get together once a year to simply golf and have a few drinks in-between rounds. We stayed three days, two nights and golfed 108 holes. The courses were in great shap, a comfortable pace of play and they had to get us off the golf course at dusk. After we went to the sports bar and ate like kings. Hotel rooms are simple, but that is not what you go here for. You go to Mishicot to golf and I would recommend it to any golf hungry person out there. I will be back next year, no question.

• Liked — Unlimited Golf Package was super affortable
  • Disliked — more on the food menu would be nice.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Yes, this place is dated but rooms were very large and clean. Not the most luxurious, but comfortable. Well stocked kitchen and all appliances worked. We had a two bedroom, three bathroom unit and all six of us were very comfortable.

The common areas were a bit dirty, but the unit itself was spotless. I would avoid the bar, prices very overpriced and drinks were terrible, however, the place was jumping.

There are some nice shops in town. Good restaurants will require a drive. However, for a relaxing getaway, this place is recommended. Even though our building was full, I didn't hear a peep from any of the other units.

• Liked — huge villa - three full bathrooms
  • Disliked — common areas needed to be cleaned.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank WISuzyqueue
North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Let's face it, you won't find this place unless you are looking for it. It is a condo operation on a golf course. The rooms are good sized. The people are friendly enough. There are a couple of restaurants nearby. You probably don't need this review because if you found your way to Mishicot you already know why you're here and what you plan to do for fun. If by some chance you don't know where you're headed, expect lots of conversation about AARP benefits.

• Stayed July 2007
Rockford, IL
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Our experience at Fox Hills got off to a bad start when I called to make a reservation. I had hoped to get a 2 bedroom/2 bath villa since we had our 2 college age sons with us to attend a family wedding held at the "resort". I was told that was not possible. The reservation clerk never indicated that they were full, but said that the rooms for wedding guests were in the hotel. I indicated that I was willing to pay whatever the cost but was not allowed to make a reservation for a villa. On the advice of a family member, I called back, without indicating I was with a wedding, and was able to reserve the villa.

The layout of the villa was actually quite nice. 2 bedrooms with 2 beds each (full size beds - not queen as the clerk had said) and 3 full bathrooms. BUT - not only was it outdated, it was DIRTY. There was a crunchy stain on the carpet next to one of the beds, and much to our dismay, the bedspread was just as crunchy. I do not even want to think about what the heck that was. Housekeeping consisted of making 2 beds and emptying the trash. Not one sink was wiped out or counter cleaned. No towels replaced. The heating system is so antiquated that we had to keep in on 24 hours a day in order to have a comfortable temp. And this was during a warm spell with weather in the 40s in January. Imagine staying there during a real Wisconsin winter! In addition, it started raining - into the fireplace. Oy vey.

Service in the bar and restaurant was also poor. I asked what type of wine they had and the server said. "I don't know. Maybe some merlot." The next day, I asked a bartender (nice guy - but overworked and under skilled) who thought they might have some cabernet. Third time was a charm, though, when a bartender at the wedding overheard my predicament. She explained that not only do they have other wines, they have a new and extensive wine list that servers had been instructed to give to customers who were ordering wine. She was classy enough to comp me a very nice glass of merlot. Another good thing to report. The soups are excellent. I was told that Rita goes in early every morning to make soup from scratch. Way to go Rita! At least someone is doing their job!

Other than the bartenders, all staff members we encountered appeared either bored, unfriendly, or surly. My husband nearly got his head bit off for asking for a hairdryer. (Seems it wasn't her job to get it for him.)

Highlights of our stay-

-The pictures in the hallway from the bar to the wedding chapel that are meant to spotlight the resort. They are hilarious, but I don't think they are supposed to be - they have got to be 30 years old. Our favorites: guys in hot tubs with cheesy mustaches (holding a drink, of course) and girls in exercise class, wearing their fashionable leg warmers.

-The stickers on the mirrors in our villa, requesting that before we check out we remove the linens from the beds and place them on the floor at the foot of the beds. And the housekeeping staff gets paid to do...what?

• Liked — It was close to the wedding.
  • Disliked — Dirty,outdated room.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Mishicot hotels

Mi
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I have stayed a couple resorts in Wisconsin and had many resort experiences, and I would have to say that Fox Hills Resort is by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I am currently sitting in the lobby of the hotel on the one computer that they have that must be a 1970 edition computer. I have just spent the last 1 hour waiting for their pro shop to open and tiring to find a size 12 and a half shoe. They had one 12 1/2 shoe but were missing the other pair. After WE searched through all of the shoes they had in stock, we still could not find the shoe. The woman who was helping us (Who must have done large amounts of drugs before coming to work) told us that we should go to the front desk and ask them for a free meal or something. We took the trip to the front desk and we were treated as if we were not guests but someone who was tiring to take their job, the clerk at the desk actually raised his voice at me. By this point I was so pissed off that I walked over to this computer and began to write this review. A recap of this experience: I think the only fun I had was being in the snow, which I could have easily done at home this vacation turned out not to be my needed relaxation but a stressful bad experience, I hope you take this review seriously, I wish that I had read a review about this hotel so I would have been able to cancel my reservations and go to a different hotel, I hope you can.

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank JimMo123
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 26, 2007

The hotel had very outdated rooms. New linens and updated bathrooms would make a world of difference. The heat was also hard to control. Also, there were drunk bridesmaids (from another wedding) roaming the halls at all hours -- which made the place feel more like a dorm than a hotel.

But the wedding we went to was great -- the food at Fox Hills was phenomenal -- as was the service. They put on a great event here. Go to Two Rivers if you come up here -- what a great little town!

• Liked — Food!
  • Disliked — Outdated room.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2007

We stayed at the Fox Hills Resort during a business conference. It was overall a nice place. A few issue with the room not being real "up to date" but otherwise, okay. The ladies at the bar/grille were very nice as were the staff. Nice grounds if you are a golfer. Really great/fun restaurant in Manitowoc (very urban and brand new) called The Dugout Bar and Grill-highly recommended!

• Liked — Grounds
  • Disliked — The non-updated rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishicot
Lighthouse Inn Hotel
#5 of 6 in Manitowoc
Village Inn on the Lake
Village Inn on the Lake
#2 of 4 in Two Rivers

Been to Fox Hills Resort? Share your experiences!