“Found a last minute oasis and yet another weiner dog!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild River Trail Inn

Wild River Trail Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minong
Wild River Trail Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Minong B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Found a last minute oasis and yet another weiner dog!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family was heading to Northwestern WI for a funeral on a reservation. Turns out there was a huge pow-wow that same weekend and every hotel for miles around were full. We'd been driving all night long and just hit a wicked pre-dawn thunder storm.

Calling ahead to each town we're approaching, looking for hotels we finally woke up Gary, who said he had a room! He was open and ready for us when we pulled in.

Now the women in our party tend to be more particular about the accomodations and it has at times caused um, disharmony in the ranks. Well, there were no complaints here, and let me tell you, that's sayin' something as the males were out numbered 2:1.

The two breakfast shops are each nice. Met a guy with a sweet drop top Impala at the one across the street, too bad he's a Cubs fan. I'd really like to see them jukeboxes spinning some classic 45 RPM vinyl records! Yes, that gets my vote for favorite stack shack.

If you're up @ the crack of dawn waiting for either place to open, don't be too suprised to run into the little weiner dog out making his rounds. He's cool, keeps an eye on things. My wife went ga-ga over him so fellas, be warned: Hide your jerky treats.

The place was clean, oderfree, towels were fresh and plentyful. AC unit was a kinda loud when on full blast but, once it cooled down and the speed lowered it was tollerable. We were only 90 min from our intended destination so we made camp here and did day trips all weekend.

Considering the lack of vacancies in the area that weekend and our frantic last min 'reservations' they could have easily jack'd us 'Chicago style' but, didn't. I thought the price was very reasonable and a much better value than I was expecting to find, especially under the circumstances.

Thank you & keep up the good work! _) (V) (-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John n Jane H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We called and booked our stay at the Wild River Trail just a couple of weeks before our trip. Gary never took a charge card just said he'd get it when we got there. Boy did that make me nervous. Since when does a hotel hold a room with no card on file?
We arrived about 10:00pm and there was a a couple of people inguiring about a room. Gary, the owner, apologized said he was sold out but offered other suggestions. With no card on file to guarantee our room he could have easily given it away and said tough when we got there. This is what the midwest is all about, he gave his word that he would have a room for us and he did. Take that you impersonal mega-chains. In Wisconsin a promise is still a promise!
The room was clean and looked recently remodeled. Nice breakfast across the road.
We only needed a room for the night as we were continuing on the next day. We won't hesitate to book again when we are in northern Wisconsin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda S
French Lick, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I drove to Wisconsin for some fishing but there weren't any cabins available. I heard about Gary and the Wild River Trails Motel and I am glad I did. He is very accomodating and the rooms are excellent. I am planning on another fishing trip this year and I am going to stay at the Wild River Trails if I go to Minong. It is a great place and Gary is a wonderful person.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I've always been looking for a place around the Gordon/Minong area, and heard of this place from a friend and I have to say that this place is very accomodating and VERY CLEAN!!! The owner was very friendly, and over all the place was just great!! I'd definitely recomment this place to anyone who was in the area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Just fine recently updated "motor inn". Two fine breakfast/lunch places next door and across street. They do have a stay and play package with black bear golf course.

• Stayed September 2011
Livingston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Glad to see this motel open again. The new owner is friendly and helpful, and has made some improvements to the place. In addition to cable TV and WiFi, our large room had two queen beds, a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot, making an extended stay so much more comfortable. The motel is pet friendly to friendly pets. We highly recommend this motel as the best value in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CoraLouise
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Wild River Trail Inn this month. The place was always closed when we would go by but now is open again and under new management. The new owner is very welcoming and he is doing a lot of updates to the motel The room we stayed in was very clean, and had new carpeting, a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. We will definitely stay here again when we go to Minong to go fishing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank M-E-R54738
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minong
St. Croix Inn
St. Croix Inn
#1 of 1 in Solon Springs
BEST WESTERN Spooner Riverplace

Been to Wild River Trail Inn? Share your experiences!