“Great Prime Rib”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Loved the Prime Rib - Ordered the large portion thinking I would take some home but couldn't stop myself from finishing. The baked potatoe was overcooked and then oversteamed - not edible, and all they had for salad was iceberg lettuce. So while the shrimp cocktail was good and my husbands filet was good the side dishes were not. Too bad, because this place had great meat!

There are newer reviews for Polecat & Lace

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have eaten here a good number of times and always been happy with our food. We think it is a very charming place. Of course if you are walking around Downtown it is so convenient too. We stop usually for lunch. Always offer a nice noon special. Would recommend it.

1  Thank ROBERT R
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We always make a point to have dinner(s) here. Probably could be described as a supper club, but they'e open for lunch, too. Good variety on the menu, great soups, and a staff that always makes us feel like family they haen't seen in years!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I always stop for lunch when we are in the NORTHWOODS on vacation, its become a ritual. We love talking to the older lady that bartends, she has been there forever. We usually have lunch at the bar and then my wife takes off to all the shops while I have another beer and visit with our favorite bartender. OUTSTANDING food and drinks.

1  Thank djaynes966
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've been going to the P & L since it opened in the late '70's, but recently went there after about a 10 year absence. I just love the Olde English pub decor & the food is still great! Their Bloody Marys can't be beat, either. I had their steak sandwich & the steak was so tender, I could have cut it with my spoon. Be sure to stop in to this one when you're in Minocqua!