“Naked Ribs”

Norwood Pines Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Minocqua
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Nice clean location...a little dated however if you are looking for a good place to meet a larger group, this is a good place. I had the Naked Ribs, which was the special that night...They were okay. I give the chef props for trying something different and new, however ribs are a hard thing to do, with sauce and spice...let alone with nothing. They were served with three sauces on the side, which were good. The ribs themselves were just too bland and dry that the sauces didn't help that much. I would go again and just order something else.

1  Thank ColdCanuckTraveler

Reviewed August 20, 2014

This supper club should be on your "must do" list when traveling to Minocqua. A reservation is recommended. The ambiance is great, the wait staff are attentive but not overbearing and the prices are reasonable. The food is excellent and well prepared. A complimentary appetizer was served and included fresh cranberry salsa. I had the stuffed salmon and my husband had the shrimp Oscar. The shrimp were as large as a small lobster; perfectly cooked (grilled ?) and extremely tasty. I would definitely order the salmon dish on a return visit. There are a variety of "sides" and the grilled vegetable skewer was excellent. Don't forget to top the night off and share a tasty ice cream drink from Tom at the bar!! Very please with this experience overall!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This northern Wisconsin supper club serves good food in a nice atmosphere. It is popular and fills up fast, but they do take reservations. Sitting in the screened porch area on a nice day gives a good view of the lake and grounds. Food is generous. The wild rice clam chowder is wonderful. Our service was a bit slow, but as we weren't in a hurry we didn't mind.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We tried Norwood PInes for the first time last Saturday Night. We have been "trained" over the years to not make reservations in the Northwoods; most restaurants do not accept them. As a result of no reservation, we had to wait. Our first suggestion is make reservations. The food was worth the wait. My wife had a pasta dish, mine was prime rib. She loved the pasta, I ordered the prime MR, it was definitely past Medium, but tender with great flavor. The staff was very friendly, but our waitress disappeared toward the end of our dinner; others had to pitch in. It was strange. We also shared an ice cream drink for dessert--strongly recommended, but don't try to go it on your own! One negative was a group of six near our table that was extremely loud. Not certain that the owners can do anything about that, but maybe patrons reading this could police themselves. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

A trip to the Northwoods wouldn't be complete without dinner at a supper club. Like most, this one opens at 5PM FYI. Picked Norwood Pines based on the TripAdvisor reviews. This trip we had two adults and 4 teenagers. Location is very nice, beautiful grounds, quaint old building. We're from the Chicagoland area and we eat out regularly, so we are accustomed to restaurant prices. And I've gotta say, the prices here were just as high as some of the nicer restaurants in our area yet the food was not as good. At least in my opinion and probably half of our table of 6. My husband was pleased with his shrimp and ribs dinner (mind you, he hadn't eaten since breakfast so he was starving). My salmon was bland and dry, I could have made it just as well at home. Would I go back on my own? Not likely. Would my husband drag me? Quite likely, although I'd probably encourage him to try a different place next time.