“Classic Northwoods Supper Club”

Norwood Pines Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Minocqua
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautiful setting. Historic log structure, wood floors. Food is wonderful. Waitstaff and bartenders knowledgeable. You won't be disappointed (hopefully).

1  Thank Traveling_Girls_11

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a great supper club with a large group of people? If so this is the place to go. Our party of 7 was impressed not only with the service, but also the speed of which the courses came out. The food was great, but save room for grasshopper (the ice cream drinks are sky scraping tall). Our group will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after a long day of snowmobiling. We had to wait twenty minutes to get a table but once we were seated and our waitress took our order the food started to roll in. We had complimentary breadsticks and crackers and cheese. We also had a taco salad and pineapples and then we ordered cheese sticks and onion rings. I ordered the chicken Oscar with a baked potato and wild mushroom soup. We also ordered chicken parmesan and prim rib with a salad. My youngest son ordered chicken fingers from the kids menu. There was also two small loafs of bread brought to out table. So much food and it tasted great. We also ordered some drinks from the bar while we were waiting. Defiantly a great place to eat!

1  Thank Achung70
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Norwood Pines is a scenic supper club just outside of Minocqua on Hwy. 70. It is set out in the woods with views of the woods and a lake in an old wood cabin kind of decor. There is a large space for parties and they decorate beautifully at the holidays. My favorite menu item is the pine cones! This is an appetizer that is essentially deep fried mashed potato balls. They are pretty basic but good! I have had mainly pasta and chicken there and been very satisfied. Others I have been with have enjoyed their fish and steak and prime rib. This place is casual but very good food and service. It is one of the restaurants I would visit repeatedly.
On a side note, they have also done holiday parties for the company that I work for. We have always been satisfied with their food and service in this venue as well.

1  Thank EatRDTravel
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went there for a post holidays party. It has great ambience both inside and outside; and it has plenty of parking. There is a very nice bar with a bartender that knew how to mix drinks, albeit, they were a little small compared to other places we've been to. The menu is vast and interesting and you can go on line to take a look at it.
The waitstaff was friendly and efficient. I would rate my own meal as just average. The presentation simply was not very attractive. Two small pieces of pork in the middle of a large plate. The orchid was a nice touch, but still, you felt that you were on stavation rations. The side could of and should have been on the plate as well. The side, which was rice was nothing to write home about, the Jerk Pork was a tad better and the clam chowder with wild rice was quite good. I wish that I had ordered a bowl rather than a cup. Good warm bread. My wife had the opposite reaction to her presentation: everything was piled up on her plate so she really couldn't distinguish what she was eating and the taste of each part of the meal was mixed together. Small complains maybe, but presentation is important and for the Northwoods, the prices were high, but not outragious. Bottom line was: "that was ok, but...is that all that their is?" I did hear one of our party indicating that the prime rib that she ordered was the best that she ever had, and I heard no one else(there were 15 of us) say anything.