“I went there three times I always give resturant more than one chance and each time I got sick from whatever I ate.”

Norwood Pines Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Minocqua
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

THe food made me sick to my stomach. Each time I got something different too just to make sure it was not the food. I will never go there again!

1  Thank Melissa K

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have always heard great things about this restaurant and wanted to eat there for awhile. We had reservations and were seated right away. My husband ordered the prime rib and I ordered veal Oscar. It started out fine and each ordered a glass of wine. They brought a nice plate of salad, chips and good cheese and crackers. One hour after we were seated and after we watched everyone around us get a nice salad and loaf of homemade bread, my husband got up and asked the hostess about our salads. Guess what, with out asking us the server decided that we should forgo the salad and bread and go straight to the main course which was delivered and we were told that the wine would be free. The prime rib was great and prepared just right. The veal contained two small pieces the first one was entirely fat and I actually had to spit it out one piece at a time. The second piece was fine and tasted good, the server made an adjustment to the bill for the quality of my food, removing 5%, 5% for a meal that I got just 1/2 of the meat! We did get a complementary desert, but I did leave hungry as I took it easy on the starters so I had room for the salad and main course.

2  Thank PPergol
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are looking for a true supper club experience this is it. The beautiful setting is charming but the food is the star. We travel extensively in the Midwest and are constantly on the lookout for the “Up North Supper Club” that I grew up with in Northern Minnesota. Our server was friendly while being professional and took great care of us throughout our dinner. Sides were flavorful and the grilled Portobello was a nice treat to start the meal.
I had the King Crab which was served split for easy access to the succulent and hot crab. My partner’s stuffed filet was done exactly to his request of medium rare-plus. The menu has all the expected supper club offerings but alos some that will appeal the “foodies” An added attraction was seeing the deer at the feeder in the lighted yard from our table by the window.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were seated out on the porch and loved the atmosphere. I ordered the duck, and my boyfriend order the veal oscar. There was no need to order an appetizer as they bring you a plate of fruit, and chips and salsa. We were also offered soup or salad. I had the clam chowder which was very good and my boyfriend had a fresh looking salad. The waitress was very attentive and for dessert we split the vanilla crepe. Let me just say it was devine. Not too sweet, and excellent flavor. We would definately eat here again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant service was friendly and appropriately attentive. The food was so-so. Our salad was basic and unimaginitive. My wife and I both ordered ribs. Hers were cooked with the sauce, mine naked with the sauces on the side. Both were not bad but certainly not particularly good either. They were overcooked and not all that flavorful. Neither of us had any dessert.

1  Thank AlanKWi