“Great Quiet Lake Spot”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Great Quiet Lake Spot”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff at the Point was fabulous, very friendly and helpful. The views of the lake are great with a fire pit and docks for your boat. The rooms are clean and cozy, we had a room with a jet tub in the bedroom which was awesome. I can't wait to return to the Point.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Jacob,

It's always nice to hear good things about our resort hotel; but, it's even better to know that our team, accommodations and amenities have made your travels and more importantly, your get away special. Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to making your next stay as rewarding.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
CHICAGO
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Annual destination for a relaxing week of family fun. The resort is just a short walk to the downtown area. We've vacationed here for over 2 decades and the staff (esp. Seneca) have become like family. The resort pool is open year round and it's always great to watch a storm over the lake from your balconies.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at The Pointe many times over the last several years, primarily for snowmobiling weekends. The location is excellent and the facility easily accommodates the parking of vehicles, snowmobiles and trailers. Our experience has always been excellent with the accommodations, service, staff and the amenities the hotel provides. During our last visit in March, I discover a flat tire on my vehicle, when going to change the tire I discovered my spare had been stolen sometime before this weekend. With no spare, I had no way to get my flat tire to a repair shop. When I enquired at the front desk about some help in the area, the general manger jumped right in and with his vehicle took the tire to a dealer in area for repair. Within 45 minutes we were back at the Pointe parking lot getting my car back in service. A lot of hotels will help, but this one provided the commitment, involvement and demonstrated a service level that I can only describe as A++.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KevinL473
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind review of our property. I thank you for all the years you have stayed with us. I am happy that you continue to choose The Pointe Hotel & Suites as your preferred lodging choice. I, as any member of our hospitality team would have done, was glad to help in time of need; that's what we do. I must also give an A++ to the tire store crew who were able to take care of you when we walked in their door. It's a shame that someone stole your tire prior to your travels, and I'm glad your trouble was discovered in our parking lot and not out on the road; glad to help. Hope to see you next time you're in Minocqua.
Ahmeek, Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a relaxing romantic stay at the Point Hotel & Suites. The room was perfect, particularly the two person hot tub. The view is spectacular, even in winter, and it's close to everything. Though the hotel was filled with snowmobilers, it was quiet after 11:00. The only sour note was coming back to our room to discover someone had left a partially eaten apple on our door handle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of our resort hotel. We appreciate reading our guest reviews as these are used as a barometer to measure our guest service and if we're meeting or exceeding our guests needs. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your room's entry; however, who would expect something like this. If seen by my team, we most certainly would have removed it and sanitized your door entry. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will make The Pointe your home when visiting Minocqua.
Milw.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If your planning a short weekend stay or a long week in Minocqua the Pointe is the place to stay. Because our extended family resides in Minocqua year-round, we have had numerous opportunities to stay at the Pointe during all four seasons over the past 15 years and one thing remains the same... the great service and a very pleasant, uneventful, stay at the Pointe. Very consistent service and the staff has always been very accommodating whatever our needs especially Chris, the Guest Services Manager. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and furnished with everything from electric fireplaces to flat screen TV's. Beds and bedding are very comfortable and the kitchens are furnished for any type of cooking you would like to do should you not want to venture out for a meal. When we have been unable to book the Pointe, and are forced to book somewhere else, we always regret it. The Pointe is always our FIRST choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and allowing us to host your family over the past 15 years. Our consistent service comes from a hospiatality team that has been together for a very long time and works with an understanding of doing whatever it takes to provide a great guest stay. If we have fun, our guest will have fun! We concentrate on keeping our hotel amenities and our unit furnishings updated so that our guest's experience will be the best. We're sorry that there has been times when you were unable to be our guests; we love seeing and taking care of your lodging needs! We sincerely appreciate, and thank you, for choosing us as your FIRST CHOICE.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked a few nights in a 1 bedroom suite at this property and was very satisfied with my choice. My room was very clean upon arrival, the room was large and nicely furnished including an electric fireplace and flat screen TVs. The room had a kitchen which is great if you don't want to eat every meal out. I had a private balcony that looked out to a beautiful view of the lake, a great place to unwind after a long day. The bedroom was comfortable and had a door leading directly to the patio, which was nice. The staff was very welcoming and friendly, and seemed knowledgeable of the property and the area. You can rent a canoe or a bicycle for a reasonable charge to enjoy the area. They have outside seating and picnic areas and gas grills you can use to prepare a meal. I never used the pool while I was there, but I looked in and it was large and looked clean. This was my first stay here, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend it to friends should I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Jason,

Thank you for the wonderful review; my staff and I are glad that our resort hotel comfortably met your needs. As you experienced, our hotel is more of a resort facility being on the lake offering a multitude of amenities that one wouldn't find at the typical motel/hotel. We do hope you have an opportunity to join us many times more and thank you for recommended us to family and friends.
Minocqua
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of booking family members at the Pointe Hotel & Suites in Minocqua, in a one bedroom standard suite. Thank you to the management and staff for a wonderful stay. The room had a great view, many amenities, was extremely clean and the location worked out great. The kids spent much of their time at the pool, which too was very clean. From check in to check out it was a very positive experience for all. I would highly recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank B and B F
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Pointe for your family lodging needs. Every one of our team members is empowered to do what it takes to make every guest stay its best. Seems like they succeeded. All our units overlook Lake Minocqua and our Suites offer amenities and furnishings to complement what you use daily at home. I'm glad you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. We strive to accomplish the cleanest rooms possible, as well as all common areas of our property. Sounds like the kids really liked the pool area, which is wonderful. It was our pleasure to take care of your family; and we look forward to their next stay with us. Thank you for the kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
Wild Eagle Lodge
Wild Eagle Lodge
#2 of 12 in Eagle River
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander

Been to The Pointe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!