“OK place”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“OK place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Food is ok. Went for a Friday nite fish fry. The wife had baked and I had beer battered. Both were good, but average for the area. Beer selection is better than the norm, with many choices.

I thought the place was a little messy / dirty. Not something real bad, but I think they could close for a week or two and do a deep clean of the entire place.

Not sure if I would go back. Probably will, but with the assumption I get OK food for an OK price.

• Visited December 2013

“Good food, quiet Saturday night ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We went there on Saturday night and it was empty. Literally, we were the only people there. With that being said, all other restaurants we saw were also empty so maybe it was just the cold weather keeping everyone in? But the food was good, my husband had the Reuben and said it was great. I had the chicken philly steak and was happy with it. Would recommend, even if you see it's empty:)

st. paul
“quick service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

we visited on a friday night and it was fairly busy. our food was delivered super fast. we had the friday fish fry which was tasty. the cajun was not very spicy.

Streator, Illinois
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Out road-tripping with a Great Uncle of mine and Minocqua is a frequent haunt when we hit the road. We got into town early, about 1:00 PM and we hadn't eaten lunch yet. So, this was my only other restaurant experience outside of the Minocqua Brewing Company. Obviously, if you've eaten there, you cannot compare these two restaurants, so I won't. However, for the type of food you would expect from a "Pub and Eatery", it was good. I tend to keep it simple and stick with foods that are "difficult to screw up." So, burger and fries it was. Yes, you can get a burger and fries a lot of places, can make it at home. I get it. But it's a quirk of mine when I travel. The food was very good, the atmosphere was very nice, and the service was good as well. Definitely worth the stop if looking for something relatively quick for lunch. Cannot speak on their supper time rush, if any, but was just starting to clear out and slow down when we got there.

• Visited April 2013
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Great Food--Super Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a typical corner bar, that has the best fish fry. For less than $9 you get wonderful homemade clam chowder, all the beer batter fish you want, and a choice of homemade potato salad or French fries. Now that's a value meal that is really delicious!

Visited October 2013