“Clean and comfortable”

The Waters of Minocqua
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My family selected the Waters as our base camp for a weekend of snowmobiling and ice fishing. This was my first time here, and I was surprised by how clean and spacious the room was. We had three couples, and we stayed in a loft room for a very reasonable price for a weekend. The water area is nothing like the parks in the Dells, but who needs all of the craziness that comes with those anyway? Our toddler loved the kiddie pool area, and the water temperature was perfect - warm! I loved the outside hot tub in the below zero air, although i knew my limit before my hair froze solid. The breakfast area became a bit jammed, but I think we hit the rush of skiers and others trying to get out early to enjoy the new snow. The beds were comfy. Skeeball in the arcade was fun. I really have nothing bad to say!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and making us your home away from home. We are glad your family enjoyed the water park experience and we hope you will come and visit us again this winter.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My 10yr old son and family friends stayed here on Christmas night. The lobby is impressive - all stuffed animals and a huge beautiful Christmas tree too! We stayed in a mezzanine bedroom, one double up the top and two doubles and a pull out sofa down below and we all (7 of us) fit in. The kids loved the pool and slide. Not much to not like here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We are so pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and hope you will join us again soon. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We thought The Waters was an okay place, no big problems or anything, but nothing to write home about. We did think it was really pushing it to claim a "water park". The space is good sized with many tables and chairs but the actual water features were pretty minimal. The arcade was nice and we'll kept for small kids. The one major issue I did have was with the bartender in the pub. Very friendly woman, but her hands were DIRTY!!! Literally her fingers were black from something as she was touching my glass I was supposed to drink from. It was really gross. Got out if there pretty quick. Overall, friendly staff, decent rooms, but not as great as u thought it would be based off other reviews on trip advisor.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Annakru
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review of our hotel. We apologize for the experience you had in the bar area. The bartender with the "black hands" is a wonderful individual and very dedicated to giving you the best guest experience she can. She is an artist on the side and unfortunately tried a new paint that stained her fingers and nails. Rest assured, she has vowed not to be using that paint on a work day again. We apologize for the incident and hope that you will understand.

As a water park, we do offer a large children's pool, an indoor-outdoor activity pool, and indoor-outdoor hot tub along with a 3 story waterslide and snack bar and 25 game arcade. It is true we cater more to the younger families with small children rather than the extreme water sports that you are likely to find in the Dells. As we expand our services we will be offering again this summer, additional packages in the Minocqua area that offer more adventurous activities such as go karts, miniature golf, and the New Zip Line tours. We hope you will join us again and have a better guest experience.

Sincerely

GM

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Rooms are nice and beds very comfy. The outside doors don't have key card access and the one that did, didn't work. We had to walk around to the front in full snowmobile clothes every time we wanted in. Most staff was very professional. Housekeepers excellent!

Room Tip: Ground floor has outside access from rooms but temps hard to regulate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Everything was great from the time we arrived on Friday until we left on Sunday. Great lobby, clean spacious rooms with two comfortable queen beds, fridge, microwave, coffee pot and wet bar. Friendly bar with good pub food. Great northwoods decor. Staff gave us a conference room for a family meal we picked up at a nearby restaurant. We enjoyed the indoor waterpark and indoor/outdoor hot tub. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was greeted right away with a friendly welcome. Followed by I have your reservation right here and if you like I will upgrade you to a fireplace suite at no cost and I never had said a word. I then went to my room and later they gave me a excellent restaurant recommendation. I slept very good my room was comfortable and quite. I cant wait to go back. Thanks guys. I do not normally write reviews but I could not help myself this time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Les M
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here when the resort was first new about twelve years ago and just returned again for a visit after all these years. We were very pleased with the room we selected (Queen deluxe room), it was spotless, comfortable beds, friendly staff, nice decor and pleasant cleaning crews. Although the hotel was very busy and booked with a wedding party and it being Columbus Day weekend, we never heard any of the guests, very quiet and peaceful place. We were traveling with our Golden Retriever so they gave us a nice quiet room on the first floor facing the woods with a nice green pasture area to walk the dog just off the patio area. We will be back again more often. A very reasonable price for this type of lodging. The manager running this resort is very professional and she goes above and beyond to make the trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: 1st floor room facing the woods was very nice, quiet and private.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy L

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel and staff! It is very important to all of us that we create a great experience for you and that you will join us again very soon. Thank you!

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
Northwoods Inn & Suites
Northwoods Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Minocqua
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander

Been to The Waters of Minocqua? Share your experiences!