“Will definitely come back!”

The Waters of Minocqua
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Everything was great from the time we arrived on Friday until we left on Sunday. Great lobby, clean spacious rooms with two comfortable queen beds, fridge, microwave, coffee pot and wet bar. Friendly bar with good pub food. Great northwoods decor. Staff gave us a conference room for a family meal we picked up at a nearby restaurant. We enjoyed the indoor waterpark and indoor/outdoor hot tub. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Waters of Minocqua

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was greeted right away with a friendly welcome. Followed by I have your reservation right here and if you like I will upgrade you to a fireplace suite at no cost and I never had said a word. I then went to my room and later they gave me a excellent restaurant recommendation. I slept very good my room was comfortable and quite. I cant wait to go back. Thanks guys. I do not normally write reviews but I could not help myself this time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Les M
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here when the resort was first new about twelve years ago and just returned again for a visit after all these years. We were very pleased with the room we selected (Queen deluxe room), it was spotless, comfortable beds, friendly staff, nice decor and pleasant cleaning crews. Although the hotel was very busy and booked with a wedding party and it being Columbus Day weekend, we never heard any of the guests, very quiet and peaceful place. We were traveling with our Golden Retriever so they gave us a nice quiet room on the first floor facing the woods with a nice green pasture area to walk the dog just off the patio area. We will be back again more often. A very reasonable price for this type of lodging. The manager running this resort is very professional and she goes above and beyond to make the trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: 1st floor room facing the woods was very nice, quiet and private.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy L
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel and staff! It is very important to all of us that we create a great experience for you and that you will join us again very soon. Thank you!

Lisa B
GM

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel has stained bed sheets and towels. You can clearly see that the green blanket on the bed is never washed. Ours had a nice crusty substance on it. Not appealing! The white towels and sheets have rust stains and black marks on them and a funky odor to them. I was told by the staff that a uniform company washes their linens and that may be the reason for the smell. They most likely washed with other industrial garments!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Ellen,

Please accept our sincere apology for your experience with our bedding in our hotel. Our linen is washed by a professional hotel towel service on a daily basis, I am so sorry we missed the marked linen when housekeeping was preparing your room for arrival. We haven't had issues with there services before but I will review your comments with the housekeeping manager and staff to ensure they watch for problems and report any problems to the service immediately. Our blankets are removed and washed at checkout. If blankets are washed and then left in our dryers too long, the heat can build and can melt the foam style blankets. Our staff is instructed to remove any damaged blankets, but in seems one of these blankets were missed and sent back into circulation. We are sorry you had this less than perfect experience with us.

I am pleased to let you know that new bedding and blankets for all rooms were ordered two weeks ago, so the next time you visit we hope that you will be completely satisfied with your stay.

Sincerey

Lisa B

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The décor of the hotel follows the theme of "up-north hunting lodge". Beautiful lobby, and the rooms were rustic,but chic. We had a room facing the back of the bldg., that overlooked the awesome fall foliage. Each room has it's own balcony with 2 chairs. Check in was fast. We asked for a 2-bed room which turned out to be very spacious, and included a wet bar and sofa-sleeper. Beds were so very comfortable, and it was very clean. We went down to the pool on a weekday afternoon, and there was no one in there. We had the place to ourselves. Several pools and hottubs inside and outside to choose from. We visited the hotel pub and found it to be quaint and very reasonable. Friendly bartender. Would recommend this place as a get-away stay for a couple as well as a family with kids. Free continental breakfast in am.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wow, it's such a pleasure to get great service. I'm really impressesd with the staff at "The Waters of Minocqua." This group of people is friendly, helpful, and they do a great job. I was here for a mid-week stay as part of a conference and I experienced service that was above and beyond. Whenever we needed something the staff was right there to help and did so with a smile! These people get what it means to provide really good service. Also the hotel was clean and well taken care of. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We came in late on a friday. The bar was open so we checked it out. Good atmosphere. Drinks were about what you would expect. Bartender was very friendly and the service was great.
Overall the room was nice and clean. Wish we would have had more time to spend a little more time in it as the view out the back with the patio was very nice. You could tell this room had housed a family pet for a period of time due to the smell but it wasn't overwhelming by any means.
Same with the waterpark area. We didn't get time to enjoy it but it looked like it would have been a fun time. I think it was a large hot tub that I saw and would have been in heaven to use it. Pool hours are wonderful as well, been a long time since I've seen a pool area open longer then 8or 9.
Overall this hotel was a nice quiet stay. I just wish we would have had more time to experience more of it. Definitely recommend this place for a weekend getaway with or without children.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
AmericInn Minocqua
#7 of 7 in Minocqua
Wild Eagle Lodge
Wild Eagle Lodge
#2 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to The Waters of Minocqua? Share your experiences!