“NICE FAMILY WEEKEND GETAWAY!”

The Waters of Minocqua
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were looking for a nice getaway and chose Minocqua. We have 2 kids, so The Waters was a great option. Nice hotel, water park is nothing great, but good enough for what we needed. We booked a suite, which was nice extra space. We visited the Zoo and was amazed as we were able to feed HUGE bucks from our hands! WOW! I think we adults enjoyed more than the kids!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $$ and get a suite...nice getaway from the kids!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Breakfast with waffles was very good. They kept everything well stocked and there was lots of room to sit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had stayed at the Waters several years ago at Christmas and had such a lovely time. I was very disappointed when we checked in over Labor Day weekend. We had booked several rooms for family members and asked if we could have rooms that were close together. Without even trying or giving the illusion of trying the staff member who checked us in said no not possible. My sister had called ahead of time to ask some questions about amenities and local attractions and was basically told by the staff person that they could not help her. The floor area around the pools was very slippery to walk on even though it is textured. The room was clean and neat a big plus and the food and drinks were fine.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JRJG
Reviewed August 27, 2011

While the hotel itself is nice and the area very relaxing, this hotel is definitely not best for conferences. They use a tent pitched out back as a large conference room. Definitely not conference material.

Overall, the rooms were comfortable and well equipped. The waterpark, while small appeared fine - I did not use it at all. Staff (except for one at the front desk who was very "stand-offish" and seemed like he was being bothered by the guests) was quite friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the back of the hotel. Wooded area instead of a parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The outside of this hotel looks great, but once we got our room and went to the water park??? What water park 2 slide that are very fast my 6 year old was too short and would have been scared to death. The pools seemed old and not kept up, so did the kiddie pool area things were broken. The game room was a joke everything had a out of order sign on it and there were no attendants to get prizes or refunds.

2  Thank Lori C
Reviewed August 21, 2011

After comparing rates to other hotels in the area this hotel was comprable in price, and it had water features in it. The room was clean, but don't look under the bed! My son dropped something and yuck! The water park was small, but my child who is 6 and is about 48" enjoyed everything about the slides because he could be big and do everything there. The pools were a nice depth and he could walk about in them. Breakfast selection was good, but the breakfast area was a complete mess. My other child got bored with with the water area pretty quickly...she is a teen.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The room was spacious and clean. There were two queen beds and a sofa, which I presume was a sofa bed, in our room. There was a bar sink plus a vanity in the room itself, and another vanity/sink in the bathroom. However, the bathroom was so small that it was a challenge to get the door closed. As one reviewer put it, you almost needed to be an acrobat to get into the bathroom. it would have been far better to omit the sink in the bathroom and allow some space for comfortable movement. There was also a niche behind the bathroom which could have been added space for the bathroom--not well-planned at all.

Also, the sofa was jammed in between the wall and the dresser with no lamp anywhere near it for lighting. There was not a movable lamp in the room, all wall lamps, so there was no way you could sit on the sofa and read.

When someone in an adjacent room turned on the shower, it was so loud in our room that we couldn't hear the TV. Not sure if it was a lack of insulation or what, but our shower probably caused the same annoyance to the other room. On the plus side, the water pressure was great and it was a very good shower. The breakfast was very average, just bread, bagels, waffles, juices, and a couple fruits. No English muffins, rolls, muffins, or yogurt, etc.

All in all, there were pluses here, but minuses also. We didn't use the water park, so can't speak to the quality of that. For what we paid, i'd say we got just average value. Also be advised that they will add the fee for using a credit card to your bill as a transaction fee. When I questioned this, they immediately offered to remove it which I declined. It's not a major amount, but I feel all fees should be included when I reserve online so that the amount for which I reserve is the amount I pay. If I'm going to be charged for using my credit card, I want to know about it upfront. Haven't had this happen in other hotels, and we've stayed in many.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dbeauc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
#7 of 7 in Minocqua
Wild Eagle Lodge
Wild Eagle Lodge
#2 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to The Waters of Minocqua? Share your experiences!