“Perfect Coffee House for the Perfect Lake Town”

Great Northern Coffee Trader
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Minocqua
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Perfect Coffee House for the Perfect Lake Town”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wish I visited this place at the beginning of my trip and not at the end, so I could have gone more than once! Such a cute coffee house with delicious food, great variety of coffee flavors, and a nod to conservation. Mix up all of these great attributes and serve them in a cozy environment and you have the most perfect coffee house in the northwoods.

PS - This place is very accommodating to children. They have an area with play mats and toys to keep them occupied so you can enjoy your coffee.

• Visited August 2013

Norfolk, Nebraska
“Great coffee and great place to relax!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

While on vacation in Minocgua, we made the wonderful discovery of this coffee shop. It was a block from our hotel so it was very conveniently located! The atmosphere inside the coffee shop is warm and relaxing. My husband went every morning for his cup of coffee and some quality reading time! We loved the coffee, too! We are picky coffee drinkers....we like GOOD coffee! This is great coffee!! We even took some beans home with us so we are still enjoying the coffee and wonderful memories of our time in Minocgua!

“Lovely coffee shop!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I think many people mistake this place for a restaurant due to their large supply of food options. As a coffee shop it is perfection.

Coming from Boston, I need my coffee and a place to do a bit of work while on vacation. I usually don't like sharing great finds - being wary that they might get too crowded once discovered- but it is a great place with quality espresso and coffee and I want to make sure it sticks around!

Minocqua
“Ok, it's a nice coffee place, but No 3 "restaurant"???”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I go to Great Northern a lot. Great place for coffee and helpful staff--with owners who go out of their way to please. I'm practically a regular. But it isn't a restaurant. It's an order-at-the-counter coffee place with some nice breakfast and lunch offerings. Good breakfast and lunch sandwiches and fruit plates, tasty smoothies, and a nice atmosphere (including Wi-Fi)--along with a few items that aren't quite as good and are a little over-priced (such as the hash-brown dish). It's a nice choice for coffee or a light lunch, but you can't give the place a "5," folks. You just can't--it's a coffee place, for cryin' out loud. Doesn't belong in a Minocqua Top 10 or Top 20--unless the category is coffee houses.

2 Thank MinocquaLocal
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Really glad to have GNCT in town!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a local up here in the Minocqua area, so you figure out pretty quick what the good places are. This is definitely one of them!

The girls behind the counter are always so friendly, especially Beth! They always treat me like a long lost friend when I come in. My friends, family, and coworkers all come here too, and we all love it here.

Try the Black Spice chai, it's AMAZING! The white chocolate zuchinni muffins with cream cheese frosting are one of the best things on the planet! The little breakfast sammie with ham, egg and cheese on an english muffin is so great, and so is the Amish breakfast casserole. I can honestly say I have not had anything from here that wasn't good.

Coffee's are made pretty quickly (remember this isn't Starbucks though), and if you want anything made off the menu, please don't be in a tearing hurry. The food is worth it, so just sit back, relax for a few minutes, and enjoy the atmosphere!

• Visited June 2013