“A great surprise.”

EL Mez
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Minocqua
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Not something you think you would find in the north-woods, but a great surprise. Pretty good Mex food with great service. Very good margaritas.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've had real Mexican food before as have most people. However, this place is nothing of the sort. I have been to this establishment a few times. The atmosphere is nice and clean with bright colors. That is the only positive of the restaurant.

The food was very poor. It was ready extremely fast, too fast. One visit, I ordered the shrimp enchiladas and the shrimp are supposed to be inside of the enchilada not sprinkled on top (and you could tell they were canned shrimp--gross), the enchiladas were actually only filled with cheese. The chimichanga is obviously just frozen and probably from a box and then deep fried. This place is like fast food but not what you expect.

The server we had was also very rude and definitely lacking in any type of customer service skills. She sat talking with her friends at the table directly next to us and didn't even acknowledge us for ten minutes.

I do not recommend going to this restaurant. When I go somewhere to eat, I care about my food, because I expect some kind of quality in exchange for my money...This does not hold true for this establishment...Fail.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

The restaurant had a very cool atmosphere, we were able to get a corner booth, so it was a little more private, and it wasn't too busy so we got a booth right away and had very good service.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our lunch was a good but nothing special meal. Service was prompt. Restaurant was clean.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The food was good, the service was fast and priced well in a nice atmoshere. This is definitly Gringo Mexican, but good for what it is

Been to EL Mez? Share your experiences!