“Worst hotel ever....”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Worst hotel ever....”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am the definition of a road warrior. I have spent more than 100 nights per year for more than a decade. I have stayed at this hotel on two different occasions in 2014. Both times I have had days where there was no housekeeping performed. This time when I checked in the trash can in the room was filled with empty beer cans and the bathroom was unclean. There was hair everywhere and "remnants" in the toilet. I will never stay in this hotel again. In fact I would not stay here if I was paid to do so. This hotels only plus was the proximity to where I needed to be. I'd gladly drive an hour a day to stay somewhere else. As a side note the breakfast offering was so poor I opted instead for a convenience store biscuit.

• Stayed May 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear BT_RoadWarrior,

I am truly sorry we have failed to provide you with better service and accommodations and hope you will accept my apologies. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards during your visits, and would like the opportunity to make this right for you. I hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience so we can continue this conversation personally. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation so this does not recur or continue.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Negaunee, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family stayed here for a hockey weekend. We were very pleased with our stay. The women who was working most of the two days we were there was very helpful and friendly. Her kindness towards us will definitely bring us back. Very good place to stay if you want to walk to town

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Mark A,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review about your recent stay with us. Everyone here wants all our guests to enjoy their time here and we really appreciate your kind words and recognition of jobs well done by our team. We enjoy hosting all kinds of athletes and teams, because we find their spirit and camaraderie very inspiring. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were ANOTHER team that stayed a this hotel at the same time as the last post from Jodi S.. The majority of the hotel staff treated our team(s) and kids like they/we were criminals the minute they found out we were a hockey team. My son is a very quiet kid and is never one to cause trouble, which I can say is standard for our kids, which can easily be confirmed with past hotels we have stayed with. They were told that an adult had to be at their side at all times...really, these kids were not 5! I was there when the other team and a few of our family members were in the lobby at 9:50pm and told that we had to leave at 10:00 and yes threatened to call the cops. She also said we could not go in the pool area nor could we use the "Hospitality" room. I am extremely disappointed that this turned out this way, because you do have a nice hotel, but that is only a mask for the way you treat your paying customers which brought A TON of money to your hotel/area this past weekend. DISAPPOINTING! The only reason I am giving 2 stars is because you do have a nice clean hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear LAJ-GB,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and offer my apologies for the poor service you received. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your business on a future trip to Minocqua.

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Minocqua hotels

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice! We checked in and went to our room (a double queen), but when we opened the fridge it was full of mold. So I called the front desk and they immediately moved us into a whirlpool suite, which was beautiful. However we came up here as a team so we were with a group of people and when we wanted to visit and eat pizza together in the lobby we were told to leave. We were not being loud or obnoxious, yet the lady at the front desk threatened to call the police if we didn't leave immediately. And when asked if we could rent the hospitality room for the rest of the evening we were told no. Then when the night auditor came on shift he did call the police because the group was sitting in the pool visiting. With the exception of Rosie, guest services at this establishment are not nice and do not go out of their way to make sure the guests are comfortable.
I am an assistant general manager at a hotel and I have never seen such poor service towards guests. If any of my desk staff treated our guests like we have been treated they would be dismissed immediately.
We will never be back to this establishment because of the staff, and it's really a shame because you have very nice rooms. That is 18 rooms you just lost. What a shame...

Room Tip: Make sure you check the refrigerator before unpacking... In our first room the refrigerator was ful...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jodi S
Dear Jodi S,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review of our hotel. I'm sorry for the poor conditions you found in your first room, and happy to learn you were satisfied with the resolution we offered when you brought this to our attention. I'm sorry about the poor treatment you received and understand your disappointment. It is only with honest feedback from valued guests such as yourself, that we can make changes and improvements to ensure an enjoyable stay. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here several times - never disappointed. Staff is very helpful. You literally can just park your car and walk to downtown in several minutes. Super for when the "festivals" take place during the summer. Nice pool (warm) with hot tub and sauna.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear sandra s,

Thank you for your many visits and great review. We take a great deal of pride in our people and operations and endeavor to deliver a terrific experience to every guest. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay and hope we look forward to welcoming you back and serve you here again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We Pricelined this hotel pretty late at night, driving from Ihavenoidea, Wisconsin. We got an excellent rate.
It's across from a nice lake, and next to the Minocqua Brewing Company (also open late) and the downtown area. The motel is not terrible, nor wonderful. What it offers is a decent place to rest on the way to somewhere else. The pool looked alright, and the breakfast in the morning offered nice grab and go yogurts, bagels, and fruit. The room was a bit musty, but must I can deal with. For the price, and location, it can't be beat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Heather H,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice comments and 5 star rating. I'm glad you found us to be a good value and that we met your lodging needs. I hope we can serve you here again.

Shoreview
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed in March 2014. It was a snowy weekend. We had a room with a whirlpool tub, which was very nice for us, especially since at breakfast, someone mentioned the hot tub in the pool area was not very warm. The location is nice - walking distance to restaurants in the downtown area of Minocqua. The front desk staff (I think her name was Rose) provided great recommendations for dinner. It seemed like she was there day and night.She was always cheerful, inquiring how our day was and wishing us well as we departed in the morning. We had a few "dislikes" - the bed and pillows were a little hard, and there was only one thin blanket on the bed, and on day 2, it appeared that our bathroom sink had not been cleaned. We'll return, though, the positives outweigh the negatives, that's for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Carol R,

Thank you very much for posting your comments and rating for what clearly was not a 5 star stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you experienced here due to the bedding and poor housekeeping. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. Rose is wonderful and inspires all of us to do our very best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you . We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Rhinelander

Been to AmericInn Minocqua? Share your experiences!