“NORTHWOODS STOP”
Review of AmericInn Minocqua

AmericInn Minocqua
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had no complaints about my two-night stay. I was able to get the room nice and warm to counter the northwoods winter. The pool is open til midnight, better than some that close at ten. Continental breakfast had everything I needed, but was spread out rather confusingly. The parking lot could have been plowed a little better is all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Mark O,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. We welcome all guest feedback and use it to improve our operation. I'll certainly review the breakfast layout and make any changes I can to improve the flow. Keeping ahead of this year's snow is quite the challenge and there is obviously room for improvement on our plower's part. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I grew up in this town and was visiting family. Our room was one of the King rooms. It was just like home. Pillows could have been better though. It was 20 below outside and the people in side were warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Mark H,

Thanks for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent visit to your hometown. I'm glad you felt comfortable here and appreciate you comment about the pillows. I hope you enjoyed your time with your family, and that you will let us serve you again the next time you are here.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at the AmericInn Minocqua although I have stayed at a number of other AmericInn locations before. I was traveling over the holidays in December 2013 and stayed in this hotel for a few days. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly during my interactions with them. When I arrived I noticed their sign made mention of their "new rooms" so I inquired as I checked in and was told that they had remodeled the rooms in the months prior.

When I arrived at my room I found it to be clean and nicely appointed. It had definitely been recently remodeled, and the furnishings looked a little more upscale than I usually find in these hotels. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room came equipped with a clock radio that had the ability to dock an iPod or other portable music device. It was nice that the flat-screen TV had actual High Def channels unlike so many other places that put in nice TVs and leave the standard channels on. The room was a little cold upon arrival, but it is winter and the heater brought the room up to a comfortable temperature by the time I was done bringing up my things and settling in.

The hotel is conveniently located within a short walk or drive to many area attractions, restaurants, and shops. There was plenty of parking available while I was there with room for vehicles with snowmobiles and trailers. It offers a pool room that looked nice and an exercise room. I didn't make use of any of these though as it was the holidays and I didn't spend that much time at the hotel. The breakfast was on par with what I have come to expect from AmericInn, with juice and coffee, cereal, a waffle machine, assorted breads and bakery, and biscuits and gravy.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will be looking here next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Jason S,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the AmericInn family of hotels, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review about your recent stay at our hotel. Its guests like you that make our jobs of providing excellent service and accommodations very rewarding. We really appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to Minocqua to celebrate our anniversary weekend. We stayed at the American Inn. This is an ok hotel, nothing fancy but worked for what we were looking for.

Plus - Pool, hot tub, sauna, breakfast bar with lots of options. The staff was willing to work with you. I did not bring shampoo and conditioner. They had conditioner in the hotel but no shampoo, we asked the front desk and they provided some for us. Our kids came to visit us for the last night and we needed pillows for the pull out bed and they provided them without a problem. When we pulled out the bed, the sheets were dirty, so we went to ask for new sheets and they had no issues with providing us new sheets. We had a refrigerator but was told not all rooms have one, we were suppose to switch rooms but decided to stay in the same room. Pool has a great view of Lake Minocqua.

Cons - The room was clean but not a deep clean. When we took a shower the shower squealed the whole time. One of our light bulbs was out and we went to ask for another one and the front desk did not have any. They are going through a remodel.

Overall - this was not a bad hotel, just minor issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gpackergal
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Gpackergal,

Congratulations on your anniversary, and thanks for choosing our hotel for your celebration. I am very sorry for the inconveniences and discomforts you experienced here and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with excellent service, great amenities and facilities and a clean and comfortable stay, and take it very seriously when we learn we have fallen short. We will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. We'd like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue this conversation personally.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

That was perhaps the most unfriendly staff I've met in my travels. It wasn't just one person, pretty much every interaction was strained. Breakfast was a joke. Lukewarm coffee, and microwaveable egg omelets. Stained and dirty linen. It has a pretty good location in central Minocqua, but will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve T,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to gain your respect the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed Oct 12th weekend . We were very pleased with location, the front desk staff just amazing so friendly and sweet and had a good breakfast. Although our room was nice in size we found it to not be very clean. We found pine needles on floor, hairs in shower, towels on floor behind bathroom door and we did not think the comforter was to clean there were spots on it. Did not say anything to staff it was only a one night stay and they were just to kind. Did not want to bring up to them. I would say nice place need to have better cleaning staff.

Room Tip: Check your room out before you check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy O
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Amy O,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your candid comments. I am so sorry your room was not clean and offer my apologies. We endeavor to provide all our guests with excellent service and a clean and comfortable stay, and take it very seriously when we fall short. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to gain your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was so pleased with our stay at AmericInn last weekend - the front desk staff was helpful and friendly with every request, the room was clean and comfortable and the pool/hottub were oh so relaxing. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear jliverson,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. It's always nice to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
Eagle River Inn & Resort
Eagle River Inn & Resort
#6 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to AmericInn Minocqua? Share your experiences!