“A Surpise in the Northwoods”
Review of Kobe Sushi

Kobe Sushi
Ranked #23 of 56 Restaurants in Minocqua
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed December 11, 2012

When one thinks of excellent sushi, Minocqua, Wisconsin, in the heart of the Northwoods, doesn't immediately come to mind. But it should! Kobe Sushi has some of the best sushi I have had, and I have had some of the best in places like San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago and Hawaii. Kobe ranks right up there. Masterfully prepared, full of flavor, and reasonably priced, you can't go wrong with a stop at this little jewel.

1  Thank Eileen B

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Who would have thought. Every time I come through Minocqua I stop in at this restaurant. The food is excellent every time I come, the service as well. Pricing is just right making it a good place to go for lunch.

1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I am a long time sushi lover and I never thought I could satisfy a sushi craving while being in the Northwoods. I was so positively surprised with the quality of their sushi, it was very fresh and authentic. I would definitely recommend it, and if you never had sushi before, this is a perfect place to try it.

1  Thank Theretiredbackpacker
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Unable to face another mediocre burger or fried food, my wife and I went to Kobe for lunch today. I liked the decor a lot....reminded me of actual family owned restaurants in Japan. There is only sushi here....no entrees or kitchen cooking save for tempura shrimp used in sushi and in the tempura bento box I ordered....4 tempura shrimp, salad, a california roll, and rice. The tempura was fair.....not as crispy as I would have liked. It was served with a katsu sauce, which is is like steak sauce, rather than the thinner lighter sauce normally served with tempura. The California roll was good. I also ordered miso soup, which was pretty good. My wife ordered the sushi dinner.....6 nigiris (chef's choice, but my wife asked for no squid/octopus) and a tuna roll. She didn't think it was a fresh as she would have liked. Perhaps the fish was ordered before Labor day, and hadn't been replenished yet. I traded a tempura shrimp for a nigiri, and I thought is was pretty good. I thought it a touch expensive as sushi lunches go, but ok for sushi in the north woods of Wisconsin. If this were in the "big city" I would give it a "fair", but given the location, I will give it a "very good"

Reviewed April 8, 2012

The last thing I expected to find was a nice Sushi place in the charming little town of Minocqua.

Been to Kobe Sushi? Share your experiences!