“2 eating areas”

Dining options: Breakfast
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“2 eating areas”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Island Cafe on a cool day. Because of the weather, the town was brimming with people. They have 2 serving areas, inside and outside. We prefer eating outside. There was a line out the door waiting for tables. After a bit of waiting, we were taken to a table. We asked if a table outside was available outside. The server informed us we would have to go outside and check with that server. Luckily there was a table available quickly. It would of been nice if there had been a sign indicating the serving process. The food was very good. Very flavorful and a nice serving size. I had the beef tips. It was as good as any I have had.

• Visited August 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great outdoor patio”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great outdoor food so we could eat with our dogs there, and wonderful food!!! Generous quantities too!

Visited August 2014
Ripon, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great breakfast”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

From the service to generous portions of homemade breakfast food, this gem is worth the wait! And do not worry, the wait staff are not texting, the are using high tech order entry right at the table to reduce wait time and limit order errors.

• Visited July 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great hummus, good soup, kid friendly!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stopped for lunch during the week with my Mom and three kids. Hummus was killer, and Mom loved her french dip. We sat on the patio outdoors and the staff was incredible attentive and friendly. Stumbled upon this one by luck, and would certainly go back.

• Visited July 2014
“One of my favorite places to eat at”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I been coming up to Minocqua for 8 years and the 3/4 years we been eating at the island cafe at least 2 times in our trip. We stop here for lunch once we reach Minocqua after our 5 our drive and I love there food. I usually gets the French dip with mozzarella cheese on it and that is one of the best French dips I had. This place has good breakfast too and they serve breakfast until noon which is nice because my brother and dad love breakfast. Even though the place is small and can fill up fast you won't be waiting more then 5 minutes for a table. The wait staff is very friendly. I highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014