“Great place to interact with animals”

Wildwood Wildlife Park & Nature Center
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Minocqua
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildwood Wildlife Park Zoo of the Northwood's for over 51 years. Experience the wonders of nature found throughout our park with animals from around the world. Wildwood Wildlife Park is all about providing experiences that last a lifetime with every visit no matter your age. Guests love the Animal Encounter Area, Animal Nursery, Petting zoo. Guests love feeding the bears "Bear Juice" and hand feeding "Critter Crackers to the whitetail deer, camel, sheep, pot-belly pigs, and goats. It's an Awesome Family Experience!
Baraboo, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to interact with animals”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I always have a mixed feeling about zoos. I understand the educational and conservational aspects but am sad to see majestic animals in small spaces. That being said, I enjoyed my trip to this zoo. It was fun to interact with the deer, rabbits, chickens, goats and pigs in the contained area. The giraffe feeding was a big hit. I would take the time to stop here and learn about the animals and enjoy having the hands on experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I could tell they cared about the animals in their guardianship.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Our own private zoo”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went here late in September when there were very few customers when it first opened for the day. Loved having the place to ourselves to enjoy the animals. The animal custodian was a delight and took her time to show us many of the petable favorites. Always on our list to stop here when in Minocqua.

Warrensburg, New York
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A special place for children”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I highly recommend this wildlife park for kids and adults. As a retired wildlife biologist I was impressed with the information on the various critters at the park. It was a learning expeience for me on the unusual species that were present. The bird house and the close up experience with various wildlife was special for a 4 year old. It was difficult for her to leave this wonderful park.

Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A 'must see' especially for young children”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Jim Peck's "Wildwood Wildlife Park" has been around for a long time. Jim Peck was a wonderful guy and his park has evolved over time to an area attraction that is something that you should include in your vacation plans. The park has a pretty interesting variety of animals; fish; birds etc..But we particularly liked the parakeet attraction! My grandsons had such fun feeding the parakeets the peanut butter (the use of popsicle sticks dipped in peanut butter to attract the parakeets who in turn, flew right up and onto the stick while the visitor held on tight to the stick)! This was SO much fun for us all-a real highlight of our vacation!

Visited August 2013
Oregon, IL
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice Zoo worth a stop”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Zoo is just a few minutes headed out of town and easy to find with ample parking. It was a great stop on our vacation for our 16 month old daughter. She loved the animals especially the petting zoo area where kids can pet and get close to goats, bunnies, pigs, etc. The zoo had so much to look at I doubt we saw everything. Advertised as the second largest zoo in WI and had bears, giraffe, zebra. Did not disappoint. Definitely worth a stop for the kids.

Visited August 2013