“Great fun for the whole family”

Wildwood Wildlife Park & Nature Center
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Minocqua
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildwood Wildlife Park Zoo of the Northwood's for over 51 years. Experience the wonders of nature found throughout our park with animals from around the world. Wildwood Wildlife Park is all about providing experiences that last a lifetime with every visit no matter your age. Guests love the Animal Encounter Area, Animal Nursery, Petting zoo. Guests love feeding the bears "Bear Juice" and hand feeding "Critter Crackers to the whitetail deer, camel, sheep, pot-belly pigs, and goats. It's an Awesome Family Experience!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We go to Minocqua every summer and Wildwood is a must at least once or twice in our 10 day vacation. I have been going here for over 20 years and each year there is something new and exciting. This year I hear they are opening a new Africa area complete with Giraffes. I won't be able to keep my wife away. Don't get me wrong my kids and I love it too but my wife is crazy about Wildwood. No trip to minocqua would be complete with out a visit to Wildwood. As far as the price, I think it is fair when you think about all of the animals that need to be fed all year and Wildwood is only open maybe half of that time, and I would not want to pay the heating bill to keep all the animals warm through a cold northern Wisconsin winter. With or without kids Wildwood is a must see.

1  Thank mike s

Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a fantastic, fun, and interactive experience for you and your family to enjoy. I think any age will enjoy this zoo and it has animals running around that you can feed and pet (goats, deer, turtles). The goats are my favorite, but all the animals are wonderful. It is a little expensive, but the upkeep for the zoo I am sure is high so I can imagine why, but I feel there could be a price difference for ages. However, it is worth the money and the experience is wonderful.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Excellent variety of animals. Staff keeps it extremely clean. Great place to take kids and adults alike.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

it was a magical place when i grew up and still is to kids in our circle. I look forward to taking my niece to this place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the favorite place to stop with our kids when we were in the Minoqua area. Kids really enjoyed holding the baby animals & petting the deer. All kinds of animals to see.