“Great food”
Review of Donahoe's Back Bay Cove - CLOSED

Donahoe's Back Bay Cove
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Beautiful scenic Northwoods located in the Timber Ridge Golf Complex off Hwy 51 in Minocqua. Daily Specials, Fine Dining in a Casual Atmosphere.
TX
“Great food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to Chef Rene's for our anniversary. There were 4 other couples who were also having an anniversary. What a good choice! We had a "wild mushroom medley" appetizer. The sauce was to die for and they have wonderful crusty bread you can use to sop it up. My husband had the French Onion Soup. Wonderful! I had the salad. It was nothing special. For entrees, he had a rib steak with mushrooms and onions, and I had the Scallops Chipot. It was great. The scallops were served with linguine with pesto and chopped tomatoes on top. They gave us a complimentary 7 layer slice of chocolate cake since it was our anniversary. The service was good. It was pricey for this area ($77 for two) including 2 drinks, but was well worth it for a special occasion. It doesn't look fancy from the outside, but the food is definitely gourmet.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank FishTx

Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“Best Scallops”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Always love it when you can sit out on a porch and eat - here you can do that and look out over the bay. They have 2 different types of scallop dinners, I've had both, several times, still can't decide which is my favorite - love em both!

Visited September 2012
Middleton, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food ,great service, Great people! Love this place.Loved Homer with his finger puppets. My cabin is very close to this place & I and friends found this just by driving by. we are so glad we came I wish we found this place twenty years ago. We well be coming here every time we are in Minocqua witch is monthly, & we live in Middleton, WI. By the way great service from Kyle:)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mary Jayne B
Racine, Wisconsin
“They had to call the Sheriff to drag me out of the place fork and spoon in hand...”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had the Salmon in wine sauce, my friend had the tenderloin pepper steak. It was awesome! Alittle torn though, because the Cream of Chicken soup I had as a pre-entre. I was disappointed because the server refused to bring it out by the quart..... Best taste award, big time! Excellent service, knowedgable and pleasant server. Great experience. Drove through 25 miles of nasty rain, snow and slush and it was worth every mile!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tunes699
Sayner, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I went tonight for our 22nd anniversary, our first time eating Chef Renee's food. We are still talking about it hours later. It was fantastic. The lobster crepe app was so great. The lumberjack was truly amazing, not only huge but the flavor was really out of this world! Our server was Kyle, Chef's son, and he was just wonderful to us. Great food, great service. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. After our meal, Kyle, brought us a complimentary mountain of a brownie, fudge, ice cream, whipped cream dessert that was also delicious, for our anniversary. Five stars! Thank you all at Back Bay Cove for making this special night very special for myself and my husband.

• Visited February 2013