“Great place!”
Review of Brewery Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mineral Point
Brewery Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Mineral Point B&B and Inns
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Great place!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The building is charming and tastefully restored. Our room was FANTASTIC! It was large and very cozy with the exposed stone wall, fireplace, sofa and chair. The bed was lovely and the bathroom, with the large tub was beautiful. Robes would have been a nice touch. The breakfast was adequate and light...just what we like. The hosts were very hospitable and approachable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here for a night...my first B&B experience. It was amazing! The rooms are upstairs of a working restaurant and brewery, which itself is in a old, historic, restored warehouse. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with lots of amenities (such as a jacuzzi). Free breakfast in the morning, and if you stay on a Friday, you get a $25 gift certificate for the bar & restaurant. We already plan on going back this summer.

The food in the bat is delicious, and the beer is good as well. The cool, historical vibe inn the dining area also adds to the charm. A must-visit in Mineral Point.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank fonixmunkee
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Some things you should know prior to making a decision to stay here:
1. You cannot drink beer without also ordering food at the same time. Each time we entered the bar area we were asked if we were there for dinner or "what would you like to eat?" After spending the entire weekend here, we saw no one simply sitting at the bar to have a drink. We heard from others that if you wanted to order a beer but not food then you would be asked to leave. Also, the "bar"/restaurant closes promptly at 8:30 p.m.
2. Food is subpar. What is decent: steak, fries, beer and corn chowder soup. What could be improved or perhaps taken off the menu: Alfredo (the sauce is soup. I make my own raviolis from scratch and have travelled extensively throughout the country; this dish is a total disgrace. Figure out how to make a real Alfredo sauce or take it off the menu). Oh and the salmon I had added was frozen (not fresh) and completely overcooked. Again, maybe salmon should not be offered if you can't present an acceptable piece of fish. Last, we ordered beer cheese with New York flatbread. While I don't consider myself to be an expert on New York flat bread, I'm pretty sure I could have purchased the crackers that were served as "flat bread" myself at my local Walgreen's. If you're pairing this appetizer with crackers, then just say "crackers".
3. We could hear our neighbors very clearly. While, our neighbors were not loud by any means, I could hear the lady next to us yawn, cough and get out of bed.
4. The owner has the personality of a paper bag, somewhat useful but largely very dull.
5. Entry is through the back of the building. I didn't see this as a big issue upon arriving, but after coming home in the evening found it to be dim and not very well paved. I sort of felt like we were sneaking in somewhere and not like we were welcome guests.

Pros: Rooms are very nice and clean. Cafe 4 (across the street) has absolutely wonderful food and was offering a holiday special at the time, lobster tails with champagne. Ellie's wine bar is fabulous; we met the owner, very charming, hospitable and interesting to talk to. They also own Mineral Point Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SmarTravelsUSA
Iowa City
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This Inn was a wonderful surprise. It was carefully decorated to bring out the charm of the building. The proprietor was helpful and respectful. We stayed in Room 6 and it was the perfect size with the perfect amenities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A S P
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided on a whim to get away for the weekend. We thought trying a B&B might be fun. As we started looking at B&Bs we realized that many were very old fashioned and lacked some of the privacy we wanted. But when we came across the Brewery Creek Inn site we were excited to have a B&B experience.

The rooms have a lot of character and coziness you don't get with a hotel but had a more modern style and a private bathroom which we wanted.

You do have to check in at the restaurant bar however I found no issue with this. We knew it was a restaurant and they quickly recognized we were there to check in. We checked in first and then brought our bags in through the back door after we had our room so we weren't trying to navigate them through the restaurant.

We stayed in room 7 which is one of the smallest but I loved it. The room was charming and chic at the same time. Everything was very clean and the double whirlpool tub was very relaxing.

The breakfast pastries and coffee were very good. We found the Inn Keepers to be friendly and helpful.

I thought the restaurant was delicious. It's a little pricier then some of the other cafes around the town however I thought the food and portion sizes were good for what we paid.

I feel the disappointments in the back entrance are a bit petty. I guess if you are expecting a hotel with a grand entrance area, maybe you should just stay in an actual hotel. It's a historic building that functions as a residence, inn and restaurant and I think they do an excellent job of operating it as all three. Walking out a back door once or twice by the kegs didn't even register to me as being any issue....

We stayed the weekend and really enjoyed our trip but I'm not sure we would find enough to do in the town to stay an entire weekend again. However we hope to stay as we are traveling through sometime because it was one of my favorite lodging places. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We went to Mineral Point to get out of the city for a couple of days. We read the reviews of Brewery Creek Inn and saw the pictures and thought it would be a perfect place for 2 nights. We called to say that we would arrive late (10pm) and once there, we found that the inn keeper had left us little post-it notes on the walls so that we could find our room. We thought that was cute and very sweet. We opened to door to room 6 and were amazed at how nice the room was. Four-poster bed, fireplace, nice antique furniture, nice lighting, 3 windows, and an exposed stone wall! The bathroom was super clean and the corner double jacuzzi was fantastic! Breakfast was simple but great; homemade pastries, coffee, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt...that was enough for us but if you're looking for brunch you can find something up the street. We also ate dinner at the restaurant and found the food to be reasonably good. The beer was excellent.

Mineral Point is a cute little town and we spent the next day exploring the shops and the nearby Governor Dodge State Park. The day was a little chilly and damp and when we returned to the room that evening, we turned on the fireplace and both of us were very content reading and watching TV on the couch in front of the fire.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank USAtravelerChicago
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The location of B&B, room, breakfast, inn keepers and staff could not have been improved upon. Plus there is a mighty nice restaurant with excellent food located on the first floor of the building. Only negative is in the evening there is a bit of a sound issue resulting from the business below......but really not a big deal. In the third floor rooms, I doubt that there would be an issue.

Room Tip: Third floor would probably be quieter.