“Long wait, poor service”

Brewery Creek Brewpub
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
st paul
“Long wait, poor service”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped for lunch Tues, at 130pm. Did not realize they would still be busy with lunch crowd. We were seated, and then placed our order; our food and our beer took Forever- - we finally, after 15 min., walked up to the bar and asked for our beers. About 25 min. after being seated, they brought our lunch. We ordered their cheese burger, which was the daily special. By now the place was about 2/3 full- (it's a small dining room). Does it really take 25 min. to cook a burger? I don't get it. Other tables were impatient, too. Then, when our food finally came, my burger was WAY overcooked, super well done, charred all over- yuck. I got up and went to the bar to complain- they fixd me another burger (not very fast, tho)- waited another 10 min. for a replacement burger that was better, but still over-cooked/well done --but at least not burned. We think it sad, that a sweet spot like this, after sevl years of operation, still cannot get their act together. Other trip advisor guests wrote of similar experiences, but this place seems to not have taken heed- I probably wouldn't go back here- - it just seemed service was so poor, and they just did not act like they cared- - other guests were leaving and/or had frustrated faces- - we simply see no reason they can't improve their kitchen or hire more staff at lunch hour- This place, in my opinion, mite be OK to stop at the bar and have a beer, but their poor service removes them from a list of recommended stops in the area.

• Visited August 2012

Decatur, Illinois
“English Pub in Wisconsin”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Okay, we haven't been to many English pubs (2 at last count) but this definitely reminded us of one. The dining area and bar aren't elaborate....basically a large room with an antique bar at one end. You don't see brewing equipment here...just tables and chairs....all filled to capacity.

We had a short wait outside. That gave a little while to stroll through this interesting little town and whetted our appetite..not only for dinner, but also to learn more about Mineral Point.

Lots of interesting choices on the menu...burgers, salmon, steaks, chicken...with a variety of sauces...some familiar, several new and creative.

All three of us loved our dinners.....bourbon steak, chicken breasts, and the pub burger. (Note: there moans of pleasure throughout the consumption of the burger....I think I even heard the word, "devine" a time or two!

I reluctantly tried the cranberry and horseradish dressing on my salad.....now I'm hoping it becomes a standard for all restaurants!

We really enjoyed our visit here. Great service, creative and excellent food....and located in a very interesting town. (So thankful we couldn't get a room in Madison...otherwise we would have never known about this town and this restaurant!)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MNM1011
Lake Forest IL
“Very good beer”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

excellent location and the beer was very good. Salmon was good but pretty average and small portion. Steak with bourbon reduction was excellent. Nice place to go before Spring Green theater.

• Visited July 2012
South Central WI
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The salmon was amazing and the owners/staff were very pleasant and nice to talk to.
Tried several of their beer options and was impressed with all of them from light to dark.
Be aware that they do not take reservations and there really is no area to just hang out and have a beer as the small bar is full of diners or those waiting to be seated. We were lucky in that the two times we went we were able to be seated either immediately or after a short wait.
Don't get me wrong, I loved this placed but I was surprised by how small it is. I think they could do very well if they were to be able to expand somehow.

Visited June 2012
Des Moines, IA
“Sophisticated flavors”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The only problem I had here was deciding what to order!! This restaurant offers a number of unique and delicious-sounding options. I eventually chose a salad and the corn souffle. (I was pacing myself so I could also have dessert!) The corn souffle was yummy....I think I might be drooling a little as I write this, remembering the creamy texture and slightly sweet flavor. I'm glad I saved room for dessert. I opted for the coconut macaroon pie. It was not too sweet and pleasantly chewy. The drizzle of chocolate made a delicious treat even better. This is not the place to come for a bargain meal. It's not outrageous and I thought it was a good value, though. I doubt if kids would appreciate the thought that goes into the preparation of the meals, so you might want to save this for date night. The service was friendly and efficient. It isn't a particularly large place, so you might have to wait a bit for a table depending on the time you go. If my schedule was tight, I would definitely call to see if they take reservations. The dining room is visually very interesting, lots of architecturally interesting details. Since the room is small, it tended to be a little noisy and a bit crowded feeling. Not unpleasant, but enough to shift my atmosphere rating "very good" rather than "excellent". The only solution, though, would be to take out a few tables and then there'd be a longer wait....so I wouldn't change anything if I were making those kind of decisions!

• Visited June 2012