“Loved it!”

Brewery Creek Brewpub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Central WI
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

The salmon was amazing and the owners/staff were very pleasant and nice to talk to.
Tried several of their beer options and was impressed with all of them from light to dark.
Be aware that they do not take reservations and there really is no area to just hang out and have a beer as the small bar is full of diners or those waiting to be seated. We were lucky in that the two times we went we were able to be seated either immediately or after a short wait.
Don't get me wrong, I loved this placed but I was surprised by how small it is. I think they could do very well if they were to be able to expand somehow.

Visited June 2012

Des Moines, IA
“Sophisticated flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The only problem I had here was deciding what to order!! This restaurant offers a number of unique and delicious-sounding options. I eventually chose a salad and the corn souffle. (I was pacing myself so I could also have dessert!) The corn souffle was yummy....I think I might be drooling a little as I write this, remembering the creamy texture and slightly sweet flavor. I'm glad I saved room for dessert. I opted for the coconut macaroon pie. It was not too sweet and pleasantly chewy. The drizzle of chocolate made a delicious treat even better. This is not the place to come for a bargain meal. It's not outrageous and I thought it was a good value, though. I doubt if kids would appreciate the thought that goes into the preparation of the meals, so you might want to save this for date night. The service was friendly and efficient. It isn't a particularly large place, so you might have to wait a bit for a table depending on the time you go. If my schedule was tight, I would definitely call to see if they take reservations. The dining room is visually very interesting, lots of architecturally interesting details. Since the room is small, it tended to be a little noisy and a bit crowded feeling. Not unpleasant, but enough to shift my atmosphere rating "very good" rather than "excellent". The only solution, though, would be to take out a few tables and then there'd be a longer wait....so I wouldn't change anything if I were making those kind of decisions!

• Visited June 2012
Marengo, IL.
“Great Food, Bad Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had looked into where to go in Mineral Point and were very excited to go to Brewery Creek Brewpub. We went on a Thurs at about 1:30 in the afternoon. There were only 6 or 7 people in there yet we still stood at the door in front of the "Please Wait To Be Seated Sign" for 3 or 4 minutes. When the waitress did come up let's just say she was less then friendly. "2 for lunch?" is all she said walked to table dropped the menues and walked away. We considered leaving but since we had been so looking forward to going there decided to give her a pass and press on. It took nearly 5 minutes to ask us about drinks and then another 10 after the drinks came to take our order. Not once after our order was taken until the time it came did she come back, see if we needed a refill on iced tea nothing, by the way my husbands empty glass was sitting on the edge of the table for about 10 of those minutes. She did finally ask if we wanted refills after the food came. The food was definately star here, we both had there bacon cheese burgers and they were to die for. When the bill came and it was almost $30 for 2 burgers/fries and two iced teas I was shocked to say the least. Apparently the Brewpub does not give refills on soft drinks/iced tea. It may have said that in the menu but who looks for that and where now do you go where you do not get refills for free.

• Visited June 2012
Beloit, Wisconsin
“More of a restaurant than a pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We went to Brewery Creek specifically because we're into microbrews. If you rate it simply as a restaurant, it was a nice, slightly upscale, catering to high maintenance tourists sort of place, with corn souffle and Belgian Chips (which were very good), and these wonderful sesame seed buns for the sandwiches. If you're going just for the beer, well, first of all they don't sell flights so that you can see what you like before you order. Our waitress told us that the owner doesn't do flights "unless he knows that someone is going to order more". Wow. In a place that calls itself a brewpub, really? Most places charge more for a flight that it costs for one beer and you typically get equal to a standard pint. That said, we managed to convince her to get us samples and then ended up ordering two beers apiece. The best beer we had was a Porter, which was one of the best American Porters we've ever had because it wasn't unduly befouled with coffee and chocolate.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jicar
Oregon, Wisconsin
“Great Beer! Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I had eaten a large breakfast and weren't planning on eating, but one look at the delightful dishes going past us encouraged us to split lunch. Since it was my choice, I chose the Pesto Portabella Sandwich. Great mix of flavors that all worked well. They could have used a bigger bun because there was a lot of sandwich. We included the Belgian Fries and they were sinful! Add to that a couple of really good beers (I had the Cream Ale and my husband had the Mild). Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2012