“Wow great experience and enjoyed the staff.”

Seoul Korean Restaurant
Ranked #539 of 1,534 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Very good food, fast service and great people very courtious. I liked all the new dishes I tried especially the spicy pork

There are newer reviews for Seoul Korean Restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family has lived in Korea for three years, so we definately know real traditional Korean. The Kimchi here is very good, infact just as good as most ma pa places in Korea, the side dishes are pretty traditional, but not alot of variety. The kimchi Chi Gae is very good, and so is the Kimchi pancakes. Unfortunately the Galbi is disappointing because we are use to cooking it ourselves, but still taste good if you have nothing to compare it too. The restaurant smells inside but dont let it deter you from trying. Overall very good when I need my Korean fix.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I came to this restaurant when it was first open and it was terrible. However after about a year, there was a change of ownership and things improved so much since then. I would say after eating Korean food my whole life, it could use some improvements but then it could mean I am being biased because I love when anyone in my family cooks. I've always been lucky to eat good Korean food. For being the only Korean place in Milwaukee this is the go-to place, even for Wisconsin. I've tried some awful places (ie. Madison). The chef tries his hardest but I think he needs an old grandma back there to make the taste even better because we all know how grandmas generally cook very well. I only come here if a friend needs Korean food or me and my Korean friends need a quick soju fix. Otherwise it is a bit overpriced for me and I'd rather pay money to go to Chicago and make the food myself or go to a restaurant. I am disappointed they got rid of the Hwe Dup Bap and continue to show it on the menu. This is one of my favorite foods. Also I am disappointed the Duk Bok Ki comes in a rice cake that is not 'normal' for this dish and would be most often used in the Duk Soup. Lunch buffets are at a good price for the classic Korean dish.

1  Thank Mera Y
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The food is varied and it can be served family style if you are dining with friends. There were four of us and between us we ordered spicy pork, spicing octopus, and both a chicken and beef dinner. The four of us wanted to catch up with each other and the waitress was extremely patient. The side dishes are at no extra cost and we enjoy pickled Bokchoi and of course kimchi and seaweed. The chef came out of the kitchen serveral times to see how we were doing and he was definitely interested in whether we were enjoying his productions. Excellent food, great waitstaff and nice atmosphere watching the equivilent of MTV in Korean on a large screen. Next time, I am going to try the lunch buffet.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Overall the experience was good and mostly authentic (but not nearly as spicy as most of the food I had in South Korea a few years ago, which I enjoyed but I know many others might want to request that their food is spicier). This is still the only Korean restaurant that I know of in Milwaukee, and significantly better than the Korean restaurant in Madison (New Seoul). It is open Monday - Saturday, and Monday - Friday they offer a lunch buffet (which I've heard is decent). I enjoyed the bulgoki, which came with soup of the day, rice, kimchi, dried seaweed, Korean potatoes, spinach, some sort of yellow radish, and lettuce for wraps. I was also impressed that the chef came around to everyone (twice to our table, once at the beginning and once towards the end) and inquired about the food (which is not something that I see in most other places around here).

There is still room for improvement: dead bugs in the lights, dust on the window decorations, and the dining room was rather cold by the window; but, I have no complaints about the food or service. We were served quite promptly.

Other minor note to those of you that tried this place in the past: I tried going here in 2010 but found it to be closed, but I've heard through the rumor mill that the restaurant has since changed ownership (and improved in quality, I've had many people recommend the lunch buffet but I haven't had a chance to try it, it would be nice if it was offered on the weekend).