“Not sure if it's authentic, but overall it could have been better.”

Seoul Korean Restaurant
Ranked #330 of 1,539 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I can't give a 100% solid rating strictly because I don't know Korean food (beyond kimchi - sp?). However, I feel I can give a rating based just off of food in general. Overall, the food was okay. I felt the meat could have been a little less fatty, but it's flavor was good. The rice was standard. The little dishes of things to add to the meal were okay.

The quality of the food is the main thing to judge a restaurant off of. If the environment was better I'd maybe rate it up to a 4. The service was moderate. The atmosphere was fair. The worst aspect of the experience was that there were 2 or 3 weird looking bugs flying around our table. I tried to not let them get to me, but I have to mention them because that can say a lot about a restaurant.

I'll give Korean food another try but not at this restaurant. My suggestion is that if you know Korean cuisine maybe try it out. If you don't, I'd suggest looking for a nicer Korean restaurant in the Milwaukee metro.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

And I mean that. I have had Korean food in England, Indiana, Illinois, California, Korea...

As someone of Korean heritage, I crave Korean food every single day. So after craving Korean food for months I break down and go to this horrible restaurant (because it is the only one in the city) in the hopes of having a taste of home. I go there knowing that it is going to be awful and every time I leave I am seriously almost in tears because it is that unsatisfying.

Today, I have vowed never to go back again. Not only was the quality of food awful as I expected, but the proprietors have proven that they aren't really even Korean at heart. I have never been to a Korean restaurant that charges for Kimchee, which is a stable of Korean food.

And for those of you who think that it is a quality Korean restaurant because there are a lot of Asians who eat there. Whenever I've been in there, there may be Asians there, but from what I can tell they are not Korean and if they are, I can only guess that they are desperate like me and don't know how or don't have the time to cook Korean food for themselves.

I already tell all my friends in Milwaukee that this is not a good representation of Korean food and ask that they not eat at Seoul Korean Restaurant because I would be embarrassed to have them think that this is what Korean food tastes like. And now I'm telling you, random internet people, that real Korean food tastes so much better then the swill that is served at that restaurant.

5  Thank jennjin01
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Love this place and since I'm half Korean, it's just like my mom's cooking! I'd recommend the garbi, bi bim bop and any of their soups!

Reviewed October 3, 2009

I've tasted Korean food at many Korean restaurants and I have to say that Seoul Korean Restaurant food is closest to homemade tasting Korean food that I've tasted. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. Weekday lunch buffet has plenty of Korean staple foods and tastes great. How can you beat all you can eat buffet at less than $8 per person. Anyone who has never tasted Korean food should try Seoul Korean Restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2009

Try the Kulbi and or the Bulgogi. I'm sure I'm spelling those wrong.