“Deliver what you promise”
Review of Anmol Restaurant

Anmol Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Afghani
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Anmol Restaurant is a family owned and operated restaurant covering the Wisconsin to Chicago land area. We strictly serve 100% Zabiha Halal meat. The entrees we serve are made from Chicken, Beef, Mutton or Vegetables. We at Anmol are committed to preserving a culture, tradition and standard in culinary tastes that everyone would appreciate. It has been more than six years since Anmol was established in Milwaukee WI . We have also opened a location in Chicago IL to serve our customers better. The Anmol name has since become an icon of Pakistani cuisine and established itself as the favored restaurant for its events and caterings all over the Midwest.
milwaukee
“Deliver what you promise”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My major complaint is not with this restaurant's food, which has been good. Since I had used Restaurant.com gift certificates at this place in the past, I was shocked that they refused to honor one just today when I went there for dinner. The waitress first told me that since their policy change wasn't my fault they would honor their certificate (which I paid for) this time but not in the future. She brought us some flat wafer appetizers which we started, and then announced that no, they would not, after all, honor the certificate, but that they would give us a 20% discount in its place. The meal (veggie Biryani and a Paneer dish) was good, but when the bill came, there was also no 20% discount! So nothing they promised before or during the meal was delivered! I will absolutely NOT return to this restaurant. The customer shouldn't be held responsible for a dispute between two businesses that had nothing to do with them.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank znofyl

Milwaukee,WI
“Great Pakistani/Indian cuisine”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Anmol has the best dishes packed into a small dining area. The meals are fairly priced, humanely prepared and delicately delicious.

• Visited January 2013
“Yummy in the tummy!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Took a business contact out for dinner at his suggestion. Apparently this isn't the best part of town, but I had no problems as a single woman in the area arriving or walking to the restaurant. I parked right out front, but they have a side lot too. The waitress was very nice and helpful. This place reminded me of restaurants in NYC. You have to know its there, and you're glad you found it. There is no bar of course given the owner's religious beliefs. The good was off the hook! We had chicken pakora and some other app. Then mutton plus chicken dish. The food was very 'clean' with impeccable seasoning. It makes my mouth water to think about it. There was garlic naan, lassi and chai tea, which was very good. Everything was prepared fresh, so there is a civilized tone about dinner. The interior was spartan but clean. I will definitely return on future business trips and take friends. Enjoy!

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“A very good Indian restaurant in an old MKE district”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We experimented by trying out Anmol and we weren't disappointed. The neighborhood looked a little rough but the parking on the other side of the wall was very convenient. The lamb dish was very good. We also had a chicken dish that was great. The desert was a bit iffy but overall a very nice meal.

• Visited December 2012
“Good food, horrible customer service!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have eaten at Anmol on several occasions. Anmol has good food, but it does not have good customer service.

The waiters do not have the mannerisms for the job. They are rude and cold. The last time I ate at Anmol I had a hair in my popper, and anyone who knows what popper is, knows you cannot just place a hair in it. It was cooked into it, which is thoroughly gross. When I informed the waiter, he picked up my popper and scratched out the hair then said 'No more Baal' (Baal is the Urdu word for Hair). Also the waiter's always have food somewhere on their uniforms.

Another thing is, they do not serve everything that is on their menus. For example, Bun Kebab is the menu, and I have tried ordering it numerous times and the reason they do not serve it is 'It is not something for 2 people to eat.' They only make that and certain foods when they have a catering order of over 100. It is not just Bun Kebab, but many other foods too that they have on the menu, but don't really offer especially the sweets.

The only times when I have eaten and have gotten really good customer service is on the days when the owner is present. I have not eaten at Anmol in a long time because of the customer service issue. They should make a change especially for people who have never eaten there before or trying it for the first time, first impressions last a lifetime!

• Visited November 2012