“One of the only Sushi restaurants where I've gotten sick...”
Review of Kiku Sushi

Kiku Sushi
Ranked #944 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hosted a business dinner and several in our party fell ill the next day... Won't be back unless it changes hands or ?

There are newer reviews for Kiku Sushi

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've been here 4-5 times and the food (sushi rolls) has always been fresh & delicious. However, the service & atmosphere leaves something to be desired. I had an incredibly rude server once where it was quite comical, and some of the younger waitresses seem like they'd rather be anywhere else. Every time I'm there, it's extremely empty and I almost feel as if there's an awkwardness to the restaurant. All the "best of Milwaukee" votes they have displayed come from when they have you fill out a survey after your meal - in fine print it says something about it also being a vote for them in those contests - that's why they win, I'm sure. Their coupons they send out will keep me coming back from time to time since I've always greatly enjoyed the sushi.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

True statement! Menu was amazing, took me many minutes to look through, and I already knew I wanted sushi (but they also have noodles, teryaki dishes, etc)

I love that they have lots of rolls in soy paper and cucumber instead of rice. I tried a lobster+mango roll with kiwi on top, which I had never seen before, but it was delicious! Their rolls are huge, very generous sizes, I was extremely impressed.

1  Thank limeandnavy
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been to Kiku a few times and the service and food has always been very good. However, a few days ago my daughter and I went and we both got sick from an item on their menu. We decided to call and make them aware that something on the menu had made us sick. Between the two of us with the leftovers we had we had discovered which dish had created the food poisoning.

We called and I spoke to the manager, shared our story, and he didn't apologize. He repeated" Oh, it wasn't our food, it wasn't our food." over and over again, and said he would need to have 5-7 people with reports from the hospital call with a confirmation that it actually was from their food.

Our service that evening was very good, however we intend to eat our Sushi elsewhere in the future. Thank You!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Where do I start? Well we were seated right away, but we waited about 10 mins. before anyone acknowledged us. Took forever to get drinks, Asked waitress if onions in Pot stickers (allergy to onions) she said to me do you see onions in the menu? What kind of response is that? answer is yes or no. had gift certif. Restaurant.com that created problem with bill, such a problem that in the end she did not charge us for our drinks. Which serve her right for the lack of service we received and it was my best friend's birthday. Will I return, again the food was very good.