Hotel Metro(Milwaukee)
$134
$94
$153
HolidayInn.com
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrady streetwhirlpool tubpot roastroot soupfish stewbloody marylake michiganmilwaukee art museumfree breakfaststandard roomsmall hotelnext morningthird flooryogurtdowntown milwaukeegreat barroom was large
Reviewed August 29, 2017

As a former Wisconsinite, we travel here periodically for business and pleasure. We are B&B people by heart, but they are few and far between in Milwaukee. The County Clare is an excellent alternative. The room was homey, clean, and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Pub had the absolute best pot roast I've ever eaten (with the exception of my own, of course). My wife had corn been and cabbage. Her sentiments were the same. Excellent fare! Our future trips to and through Milwaukee will definitely include a stop here.

Room Tip: We were in what I would consider a mini-suite, sitting room with a sleeping area separated by a partition. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2017

We had a wonderful stay at County Clare. Our room was very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The bed was cozy, however, the pillows were flat (which was our only complaint). The room had a coffee maker with plenty of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Friendly customer service was provided by all from registration, wait staff, and housekeeping. Cookies were given upon our arrival.The food from the Pub was delicious; we enjoyed the Irish fare. There is also outside seating which was very nice. County Clare also guarantees FREE parking to all overnight guests, and the parking lot is right next to the Inn. We will stay again.

Room Tip: The Inn is in a very nice, quiet part of the city. I think all rooms would be quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenlin714
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome! We sat outside and atmosphere was great! We had hummus for appetizer and I had the roast beef sandwich with French fried onions, pepper jack cheese and tater tots on the side! The sandwich was delicious, the portion large and the waitress was great!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2017

I really wanted to like this inn as much as other reviewers. The staff is so friendly, that I wanted to be able to write a better review than this.

First of all, the pros:
- Friendly staff
- Great Location
- Clean, quiet, updated rooms

Cons:
- while the rooms were updated, I would have expected higher quality furniture
- the third floor hallway is in desperate need of new carpeting and a fresh coat of paint. It is a really bad first impression while walking to your room.
- there is no closet/wardrobe in the standard room - just a hanging bar on the wall
- breakfast is included but it was a rather disappointing continental buffet with an omelet bar

I think part of my disappointment is that we stayed there over the long 4th of July weekend and we paid a premium room rate. We paid nearly $200 per night. For that price, I expected a better facility and breakfast. For that price, there are nicer hotels.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H0tlanta
Reviewed July 1, 2017

This review is of the restaurant. The reviews of this place are skewed because people are reviewing the hotel and the restaurant on the same page. We are local, and have never stayed or even seen a room, so please bear that in mind when reading this review.

Parking is the usual downtown MKE go around the block a few times and find street parking exercise. Not hard, but not convenient by any means. It's not really a dig on this place, but their super small lot is for hotel guests only and not for patrons of the restaurant.

The have a half dozen outdoor tables in addition to their indoor seating. It's well setup and not too busy. If the weather is nice, I'd recommend sitting outside. It gets really noisy inside, and outside is nice and laid back.

The food is OK, but a bit bland. They have some interesting combinations and it's reasonably vegetarian friendly, which is sometimes hard to find in an Irish restaurant. The food is solid, but for the price, I'm not super sold on this place.

Service was OK. Our waitress wasn't super prompt, but she wasn't horrible either. Run of the mill is about the best to describe it. I wouldn't call it disappointing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to say it's fantastic service either. Run of the mill.

It wasn't a bad experience, but it was $$ and there are some amazing places to eat in MKE, so I'm torn here. From an Irish Bar perspective, this really isn't a bad place, but it's expensive and not fantastic also.

If Irish bars are your thing, I think you'll probably like County Clare. If you're vegetarian, you'll have something to eat, and the service is OK. It got really loud for no reason, so if that bugs you, be aware it may be an issue.

All in all, it's an OK restaurant just a touch north of what I'd consider downtown. I certainly would go back, but it's not very high on my list of must go to restaurants in town.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple