“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Jacques - CLOSED

Chez Jacques
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This touch of Paris in the heart of Milwaukee offers authentic breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees, using ingredients true to French customs and created fresh to each order. New Prix fixe three-course specials each evening for $24. Extensive French wine list, including organics. Available for private parties, catering, take-out.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I visit this place time and time again. Great portions, good prices, excellent food, great service! Lots to choose from.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Silver M

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super cute French Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stop by with 4 for Sunday brunch. A charming cute place with great food and reasonable prices. The crepes were excellent as was the quiche.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Grace C
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tasty food and romantic atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our first experience at Chez Jacques will not be our last. We went here for our Valentine's Day dinner. Very pleased. We were greeted at the door by our waiter, who got the owner to specifically seat us. We thought that was pretty neat that the owner personally seats you. The baguette they bring to the table is very tasty and has a great texture to it. The wine menu is well priced, but still quite good. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful (we're not the most experienced with French food). My wife ordered the special pork chop cordon bleu in a red wine sauce with roasted potatoes. Awesome. I had the beef bourguignon. The beef was fork tender. It was SO good. It was a little cold when it was served, but not too bad. Overall, great food with a nice atmosphere.

Barrington, IL
“Unpretentious, Friendly & French!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Not our first visit but our first from the latest menu. The croissant is out of this world and worth every bit of $3.50 Warm, flaky layers of the best ingredients. Assorted cheese and fruit were wonderful. French Onion Soup was again, made with care and quality. Main course was Steak with pomme frittes and Duck L-orange. Service is prompt and never hurried as each item must be prepared. Those that have complained about waiting must remember this is NOT a Chain restaurant where the "chefs" heat up a premade item sent to the restaurant from a commissary.

Great wine list with user friendly explanations of the French made selections.

My only two wishes: Bearnaise sauce for my steak (because I know they will make it correctly) and a warmer dining area in the winter. (Brrrrrr)

For special occassion, business luncheon or lazy weekend afternoon. Chez Jacques serves REAL FOOD.

1 Thank MommeontheGo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Went here for brunch on a Saturday. I love this place, its cozy and relaxed atmosphere is great. I never feel rushed to leave so they can turn the table over to someone else. My niece and I come here a few times a year where we can talk and I can catch up on her busy college life. She tells me the food is authentic (she was in France in 5th grade and will spend a semester abroad next year), I have nothing to compare it to :( We have never been disappointed.

1 Thank Cathy S