“Wow. Amazing pancake.”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A pancake, well, is usually just a pancake. They're either good or average. But at Comet Cafe - holy cow. Whatever recipe they are using should be hidden with a lock and key. I ordered a breakfast meal that came with one pancake, and was enough to feed a small family. The one pancake was as big as the plate and about half an inch to 3/4 inch thick. That's enough to please some people - but it tasted freaking awesome! The bacon was good. The scrambled egg was fine too. But two days later, I'm still dreaming about that pancake.

There are newer reviews for Comet Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to the Comet Cafe after watching the Diners Drive-ins and Dives episode and was expecting an incredible lunch. Instead, the food was cold to warm and did not seem like it was freshly made. Rather it tasted as if it were made the previous day and they tried to warm it up for my lunch. THe restaurant wasn't even busy so I am not sure why the food wasn;t fresh and hot.

2  Thank MJ9856
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went here because we saw it on a cooking show. The food was fantastic! It is a neighborhood joint that has expanded once already to meet the demand for its food! Everyone in out party said they food was amazing! We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table but it was well worth it. We even met the owner who was there working along side the rest of the crew.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my wife and 2 kids based in the recommendation of a museum employee. The creativity of the menu provided little twists on everyday food. My wife got the rhanksgiving balls and I got a burger. Everything was very well prepared and very tasty. Wish I lived closer to try more of the menu!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Such a cool little funky place. The highest compliment I can pay this the Comet Cafe is I would eat here once a week If I lived in Milwaukee. Try it, it was worth the wait.