“Good Breakfast Place”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The place was packed, but the wait (which wasn't too long) was worth it. Great biscuit and sausage gravy. Pancakes are huge and tasty.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son remembered seeing this cafe on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Great comfort food.

I had a special of duck, rutabega puree and kale. Delicious. The meatloaf and gravy was better than homemade. They also serve a turkey dinner in a ball. Friendly staff and great ambience. It is a small space. Bar offers numerous microsbrews. Definitely a go to place, but don't expect anything fancy. It is a diner. Great Milwaukee gem.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Immediately turned-off by the attitude of the staff at my first trip to Comet. I was asked "Are you on the list?" to which I replied "Uh, what list?" and then the staff member shrugged and walked away. Perhaps you need to be a hipster to put-up with the cutting-edge cool of Comet Cafe, or maybe you should just go somewhere else. I certainly did.

3  Thank timdonderevo
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Another Triple D stop for us, everything we had was great and our waiter was great too. I had the Turkey Balls, I really like them but would have enjoyed them even more with a bit more sage in the dressing and maybe a little spoonful of cranberry sauce on the side. I would absolutley stop in again next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I saw this restaurant on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and it looked like fun ... and I happened to be in Milwaukee .... so off we went! Even on a rainy Thursday night, it was busy. We sat at the bar, very friendly scene chatting with the locals. Outstanding food, they will put bacon on anything (you just can't get a medium rare burger). SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT!