We stayed at this Best Western for it's Park & Fly. We had reward points so we used them for this stay. Check in was quick, Nate was at the front desk, personable and helpful. We had dinner in the Lake City Restaurant. Food and Service were both good. Beautiful dining room. The hotel is older, nice pool area. Empty snack vending machines. on a Friday night of a holiday weekend. Uhm. The rooms are nicely appointed and things seemed fine.
After dinner we went to bed, the bed was comfortable, but I was not. Around midnight I got up. To find a big bug with pinchers had been crawling around the bed, I'm guessing it was causing my discomfort. I was so creeped out. Didn't wake up husband, he was exhausted. So I decide to get bug into a plastic wrapper to show hotel management in the morning. I felt buggy so I took a bath. As I sit down in the tub, there are pieces of a what seemed like thin white plastic. They were everywhere sticking to my skin. Now I really had the creepy crawlies. I retreated from the tub, scooped out some of these white pieces. Got dressed and took the bug, the white stuff and went to the front desk. I was not a happy guest.
The two people working could do very little but understood sleeping was no longer an option. I had a couple hours before we had to get up to catch our flight. They gave me a key to the room next door so I could watch TV and shower. Later my husband determined the white plastic substance was the enamel from the tub it was coming off all over the tub. This should have been evident to housekeeping.
When we checked out, the front desk told me they couldn't make any reimbursment decisions. They had to wait for the manager who would be in later. After our flight arrived in Ft. Meyers FL I called and was offered a $30 refund. We used points. Eventually, this so called manager reversed the charges for the points. So we got our 16,000 pts back and no further apology or interest was demonstrated by this woman.
Upon our return we had to call to be picked up at the ariport to retrieve our vehicle. I was told they come to the airport every half hour. NOT TRUE.! I called at 2:15 p.m. expecting the 2:30 shuttle. No shuttle. I was told 2:55 p.m. at 3:10 p.m. I called again. I am told by that person they don't know where the shuttle is. Finally it shows up. Nearly an hour wait to go a few blocks. They have two vans and a small bus for shuttling.
We arrive back at the hotel and I ask to speak to the manager. I told her who I was and I could tell she didn't even remember me from the events 4 days before. Made me wonder if upset customers were common as well as bugs. I was told the shuttle was hauling cargo. This was somehow relevant to us standing outside at the airport waiting. They had more than one vehicle and the shuttle that picked us up had 2 employees on it. When I asked about every half hour service, I was told it's true when it's possible. I couldn't believe a manager was saying this. No apologies.
My husband is a diamond member of their rewards program. Never has a BW treated him or us so badly. The irony is we live here, and typically would not have ever used this hotel. We had an early flight and they had park and fly. It was just a conveinent option. We should have stayed at home and parked at the ariport. Never again would I stay at this hotel. It's unfortunate the management is so disconnected from the concept of customer service. Proper handling of these situations could have resulted in a better outcome for everyone. Apparently satisfied customers is not one of this hotels goals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In addition to an indoor pool, Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center provides a whirlpool and a 24-hour fitness center. Dining options at the hotel includes Aviator Bar & Grill. Aviator Bar and Grille - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Room service (during limited hours) is available. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning from 6am-10am and early travelers have a quick and easy Grab & Go breakfast option. An Airline arrivals and departures monitor is located in the main lobby and on site wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Business-related amenities at this 3-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 12,000 square feet (1115 square meters) include a conference center. This family-friendly hotel also offers an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and gift shops. A round trip airport shuttle is complimentary to guests (available 24 hours). Onsite self parking is complimentary. Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr is a smoke-free property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel Milwaukee
- Best Western Airport Hotel
- Best Western Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Best Western