“Convenient for airport”

Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night before a flight out of the Milwaukee Airport. We had a room with a king-sized bed, facing the pool. The bed was very comfortable. The pool area was loud, but that's to be expected.

We had dinner in the attached restaurant, because we had a buy one get one free coupon that was given to us at checkin. The food was average. However the hot breakfast buffet in the morning was quite good.

We left our car at the hotel during our vacation, and used the shuttle to and from the airport. This was very convenient and we did not have to wait long for the shuttle.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quepasa18

Reviewed June 4, 2008

Stayed here at the tail end of a family trip. Another family member had picked the hotel, so we tried to make the best of things. We ended up switching rooms 3 times, and I have to say that this is the first time I've ever asked to switch rooms at a hotel. The first room was smelly and had a large cigarette burn on the bed. The next room had a clogged up sink and used cups all over. It also smelled bad, this time more like a man's underarm. After being in the room a few minutes, we heard from the front desk clerk that the room shouldn't have been given to us, because of the problems with the sink (the two men that knew of this problem had stood by and allowed the nice woman at the desk to give us the room). When we arrived at the third room, we found a cracked window, blood stains on one of the beds and the other bed was completely unstable on its base. As a last resort before leaving the hotel, we were given a fourth room. This time it was one of the nicer rooms by the pool. Finally, no smells and the room was passable. We stripped the bed of its comforter and slept on the bottom sheet - just in case!! Now that I've read the review from the man that got scabes, I'm glad that we made this decision. On check out, when we explained what had happened to the apologetic desk staff, we found out that there was a fifth room listed on our record somewhere between the third and fourth room. I can only imagine what was in the room that they didn't give us.

Milwaukee is a nice city. Next time, we'll get a room somewhere downtown.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank happytraveler045
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I had booked a "park & fly" pkg at Best Western since I would be flying out early AM on May 11th, 2008 & needed a place to leave my car. Check-in was very slow, altho professional, with only 1 person working the desk. Upon entering my room I discovered a half-eaten chicken dinner left on the table in a styrofoam container. Luckily I found John, a maintenance worker, who disposed of the leftover meal. I was also lucky to have Christy as my waitress that evening. She's excellent!! Upon my return, I had to wait 2 hours for a shuttle to pick me up from the airport & transport me to my car, which is basically across the street. I had called BW 6 times to let them know I was waiting for them & each time I received the reply that a shuttle was on it's way. A cab driver even called them once to let them know I was waiting, to no avail. After 2 hours a shuttle showed up & took me to my vehicle. The driver said that she didn't work for Best Western but the hotel she worked for had gotten a call for help from Best Western requesting they send someone to get me. I could have flown to Philadelphia in the time it took them to send a shuttle for me...AND I paid extra for this service! They never gave me a reason, apologized for being late or even attempted to contact me afterwards. I would not recommend the "park & fly" option. However, the staff at the hotel was friendly & my room was clean, except for the left-over chicken dinner.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank tippywi
Reviewed April 4, 2008

I was disappointed with this hotel. I expected much more of a Best Western. The property is old and run down. The room was dirty and uninspiring. The price was way too high but you are paying for the upkeep of the pool, etc. That said, the hotel is good if you plan on going swimming, etc. or if you have kids as the hotel has games, etc. to keep them occupied.

We stayed in this hotel for one night. Our flight was cancelled the next day due to extreme weather. When we called the hotel to rebook the room it was not available. The only place we could get a room was at the Howard Johnsons. Well.......the HOJO was 100 times better than the Best Western. It was very clean, the staff was nice and the beds were comfy.

The choice is yours!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kittycat1961
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I'll say up front that airport hotels, particularly swiming dome, airport hotels are not my favorite. We could find little else available in the area so we agreed to 138.00 a nite room rate for a King Suite. Again, I thought this rate was high by Best Western standards. I'll be fair to the property, however, and admit that we had a vary pleasant stay. The king suite was very comfortable and clean. The pool area was very clean and well controlled . The restaurant had surprising tasteful food. We had one issue come up that the front desk staff quicky took care of without question. Overall this was a very nice stay and the room rate seemed more than fair once we settled in. Best Western's are never my first choice when traveling but this particular hotel does the company proud. I would happily book there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We stayed at this Best Western on October 9th through the 10th when returning from a vacation in Vegas. They allowed us to park our car here (even though we weren't staying there till AFTER our trip) for 5 days and we got a great deal on the room. Shuttle got us to the airport in great time and picked us up from the airport on our return with great timing, as well.

We checked into our room late Tuesday morning and although the hotel is going through some renovations, we were pleasantly surprised with the room. The bed was so inviting with two bed pillows, two pillows with shams, and even a neck roll pillow. The bedding was very luxurious for a Best Western and it was so, so comfortable. Our room had a couch in it and a nice armoire for the tv. The furniture, overall, was just extra nice and set up nicely too.

We did not get to use the pool, as we were there for such a short time but it did look inviting (but for some reason, out in the hallways surrounding the pool, it was freezing!) By, the time we were about to check out is when we noticed the warm up.

Best Western also included a complimentary breakfast that is held in the restaurant right on the premises. They served scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, muffins, english muffins, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee, milk, fruit, etc. It was a great breakfast especially considering it was complimentary.

The only thing I would "disapprove" of was that the staff that was working when we checked in was not very friendly. Almost to the point of being cocky. Yes, it was 2 a.m. but we were tired just as much (if not more) and we managed to put on a happy face and be polite. But oh well...I guess you deal with unhappy workers alot so it's not a big deal.

All in all, I would definitly recommend this hotel for use when flying out of the nearby Mitchell Airport. The accomodations are excellent and if you want a nice and comfortable good night sleep, I would suggest staying here.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OurReviews
Reviewed April 10, 2007

So I stayed at this hotel in october of 06. For starters, the lobby area was nice and ornate.
The room was a dump. I thought I saw little insects on the bed, but being that I was tired from a whole day of flying (I came in from Hawaii) i just put some towels on the bed and went to sleep.
The next morning I woke and i hade little red spots on my biceps area. It itched a little but was not too big of a problem. Two days later I broke out in this feverish frenzy of pimple like things on my arms. When I went to the doctor, she told me the red spots were probably the burrows that the bed bugs had dug under my skin as they layed there eggs.
I got scabbies at this place, and Im ready to sue.

NEVER NEVER NEVER STAY HERE.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business