Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Waukegan, Illinois, United States
“Nice place.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've been going to this hotel for our after Christmas get-away vacation for the last 3 years. We like the rooms, the pool and the hot tub. We always get rooms on the first floor right near the pool. We were disappointed this year to discover that the pool was freezing! We were not told when we checked in that there was a problem with the pool heater. Since there were 6 adults and 4 children that normally use the pool the fact that we couldn't was really disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor by the pool (when it's heated) are the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I try to take my kids to this hotel about two to three times a year just for swimming. There are other hotels in the area but they either have a "water park" which is usually just a kids area or the water feature to the hotel is crazy expensive. I enjoy best westen. Good rates and decent service. I was a little bothered by this last trip however. When the front desk asked me what brought me in today I specifically said "my kids want to swim.". After we went up and dropped our bags in our room we went to the pool only to find out that the pool was closed! I went back to the front desk and asked how long before the pool would be open and a different attendant said he didnt know and would have to wait on maintenance to let him know. I let him know the only reason I came in that day was to swim. I own my home I don't need a place to sleep. I asked if he could contact maintenance and ask approximate what time so I knew whether or not to even stay. They informed me the water is not warm but if we wanted we could swim. I asked my kids and of course they wanted to give it a try. So we did. It was freezing! But my kids were happy and continued going from the pool to the hot tub. Then to top it off my son slipped and cracked his head open. Resulting in a trip to the emergency room and stitches to the back of his head. We left in a hurry and didn't even get to sleep there so the kids didn't get to have an awesome time as normal but overall it was decent because they were near a pool and that made them happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank LESTENCIA V
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Becky at the front desk takes care of any needs or questions that arise. I stay there once a week every week and Becky handles check-in and reservations with ease and efficiency. Her smile is contagious and she is VERY courteous. She makes you feel at home the moment you walk through the door!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I'm honored we are able to meet your needs as a business traveler and honored that you have chosen to highlight Becky in your review. Our culture is one of genuine hospitality; our goal, to make sure you feel like a guest on our home, not like just another customer. With Becky's outstanding southern hospitality helps us achieve that goal helps get us a step closer to Best Western's goal of leading the industry in superior customer care. Thanks again for your review!

Spokane
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My first trip to Milwaukee on business. Shuttle service from the airport was prompt at 9 PM. This hotel sets the example for hospitality! The hotel owner, management and staff took good care of our large group while we utilized meeting space to work on an important project. A nice breakfast is included with your stay. One lunch in the bar and grill. Second lunch was brought into our meeting room and the food was awesome, just like our dinner the night before which was served as if we were in a four star restaurant.

Room Tip: Several guest rooms open to the pool area which is very inviting.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LizBeckVP
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
We are honored to hear your impressions. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, especially to Chef Ryan. We regularly receive compliments on his made from scratch menu items and the superior service in our restaurants but I know the staff will be delighted to hear that this high praise came from your particular group. We hope to have you again soon. Remember that we can accommodate banquets and meetings of all sizes whether in one of conference suites or our grand Mitchell Ballroom; we are always ready to serve your needs. Finally, but most importantly, we know hospitality is a way of life and it is one we strive to live every day at our award winning Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport. Thank you for assuring us we are meeting our goal.

Ishpeming
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay while traveling through Milwaukee, just look to the Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport hotel. Service is above and beyond; rooms are clean and comfortable; pool area is fabulous and the included breakfast is the best around.

Room Tip: Pool side is always nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased you found our hotel to be a place of superior service with clean and comfortable accommodations. Truly superior customer service is a dying thing and that's why we have made it our utmost priority, ensuring sure you feel like a guest, not a simply a customer, when you are in our care. Did you get a chance to enjoy any of our new hot made to order breakfast items? The Denver Omelet is a must try item. Our entire staff look forward to your return, which we hope will be very soon.

Vice President/General Manager
Travelers also viewed these Milwaukee hotels
Sleep Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 5105 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207 (Formerly Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Family Hotel in Milwaukee
#24 Romantic Hotel in Milwaukee
#25 Business Hotel in Milwaukee
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center 3*
In addition to an indoor pool, Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center provides a whirlpool and a 24-hour fitness center. Dining options at the hotel includes Aviator Bar & Grill. Aviator Bar and Grille - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Room service (during limited hours) is available. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning from 6am-10am and early travelers have a quick and easy Grab & Go breakfast option. An Airline arrivals and departures monitor is located in the main lobby and on site wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Business-related amenities at this 3-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 12,000 square feet (1115 square meters) include a conference center. This family-friendly hotel also offers an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and gift shops. A round trip airport shuttle is complimentary to guests (available 24 hours). Onsite self parking is complimentary. Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr is a smoke-free property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center