Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here recently and we had a great time! The staff was very friendly and the food in the sports bar was delicious! The room we stayed in was really nice and we were actually upgraded to a pool side room. I was checked in by Tim and Michelle and they were both very helpful with directions and good places to check out downtown. I must say Milwaukee has some of the best food to offer! If you have time check out the safe house! The only down side of the hotel is that there was some construction going on but other than that we had a great time. Loved the pool and the jacuzzi, loved the food, loved the people, even the house keepers were friendly! We will definitely be staying here again next time we come to milwaukee!

Room Tip: ask to be pool side!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I apologize for the construction going on and we continue to strive for the least guest impact possible. From the food in our restaurants to our superior level of customer care, we are dedicated to making sure you truly feel at home at the Best Western PLUS. We delight in being tour guides for our beloved city and I am pleased Tim and Michelle were able to provide a selection of ideas to your liking. Isn’t the Safe House one of a kind? I will gladly pass along your kind regards to Tim and Michelle. We look forward to having you next time you come to Milwaukee. Thanks again for taking the time to let the world know about your great stay.

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The rooms are very small, which isn't a problem for a one nighter, but for a long stay maybe request a suite. We were right outside the pool, and it was steamy. For a good price near the airport this can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank msbethd

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I am pleased you determined our value can’t be beat, I would agree. We are the only hotel in the area offering a full hot breakfast buffet, and indoor tropical atrium and two restaurants on property. I’m sorry the size of your room did not exceed your expectations. Next time, if it would work for you, give a room with one king bed a try. These rooms have a little extra living space than our rooms with two queens and you will find the pillow top mattresses deliver a divine rest. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to having you stay again in the future. If there is anything I can ever do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted by Chad, Ricco, Becky or Aaron. No- go back to Tim picking you up at the airport if you don't rent a car or return it the day before an early departure flight- the atmosphere is inviting.
I have stayed off and on since June and when I couldn't because of Summerfest I was begging my company to send me back and Mark Knight, my guardian Angel and Sales Manager, made my reservations thru the end of September with our District Administrative Assistsnt.
Make sure to meet Chrissie, Marie, shy Theresa, or Todd in the restaurant for breakfast. If you want a waffle, they will help you make one on the self serve buffet. Sunday morning is really busy so get down before 8. Have to leave early -they have crab and go that won't get you in trouble with TSA.
A must do is the family meal in the Aviator or Lake City (Thursday-Saturday)
If you love chocolate make sure you get a molten chocolate cake and if you are a regular don't be surprised if Sarah gets you raspberries. Dessert available til ten. A must to leave work and get the order in- or have a peanut butter landslide.
Although the schedule might change-(now) Tuesday's are smiles with Amber and $1 Taco's. It's a sports bar so no night time sodp operas sllowed.
Dee, Danielle, Chris the bar manager are on duty the rest of the week with Assistants Mike, Nick & Joe.
Or order it all in to the room if you aren't feeling social.
Have a drink or three, an evening meal then go to your room or take a swim in the inviting indoor pool or a hot tub soak- no weather worries here.
Just in case you are wondering - sign up for Best Western Rewards and get the 10% discount in the bar and restaurant.
Just one point of view (mine) because there is so much more in this home away from home that makes the experience pleasurable.

• Stayed: August 2012
BestwesternPLUS, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Lillian, What can I possibly say but thank you. Having you stay with us over the months has been a sincere delight and we wish you the best in all your future endeavors. You’re a talented and professional woman and Kindred is lucky to have you on staff. More than those things you are a kind and intelligent woman and getting to know you has been a gift. Reading your review warms my heart and reinforces the importance we place on customer service. We selfishly hope your work will bring you back to us.

Chad A. Johnson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had a very nice experience staying at this hotel with a very large pool and hot tub enclosed in a glass topped atrium, the room was very clean and the pillowtop mattress made me sleep like a king !!! I also had the pleasure of being assisted by the assistant general manager Zareen, she went out of her way to make us all feel welcome with her bubbly personality. Great stay, we definitely will be repeating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We too love Zareen’s outgoing and bubbly personality. Her dedication to a superior guest experience is unparalleled. Come back this winter and enjoy the oasis our tropical atrium becomes during the cold but sunny winter months in Milwaukee. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this location numerous times, but I was disappointed this time. The hot tub was out of order, we ordered a pizza and it wasn't very tasty. My sister was next door and when you turned on the air conditioner it made a horrible noise. The pool area was dirty. On the positive note the breakfast personnel were very friendly and the buffet was ok. Upon checking out the front desk never asked how our stay was. I told the lady about my sisters room and she said we should have called. I stated it was at midnight when we got to bed. I asked her if they do maintenance on the rooms and she said they did. I will probably stay there again because it is a good location, but if I have another problem I will definitely stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012

I’m sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations during your last stay. We always strive to deliver a superior product and I too am disappointed to hear we did not achieve our goal this time around. I’m sorry, to, that our hot tub was down for repairs the night you stayed with us. I’m reassured to hear you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet and even more delighted to hear you have stayed with us before and will be back again. We have taken your review as a learning opportunity and are using the feedback you provided to ensure next time you are with us you will experience the product and level of service you have grown to love at our property. If I can be of further assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is nice and rooms recently renovated. However there were so many details that were just not taken care of while renovating, doors are warped, locks don't work well, mattress seemed older and had a sag in the middle...

At the end of the day it is a great location, clean and nice. But don't expect more and it is a borderline 3 star because of the details.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We you understanding that renovation is a process and we hope you return soon to see the finished product. Your observations are well taken and we have been working to correct the overlooked details during the most recent batch of renovation. Thank you for the kind remarks about our location as well as the assessment that our rooms are high quality and clean. Come and give us another try and I think you will see the process of continual improvement has been ongoing. By early to mid November the entire exterior of the hotel will be transformed into the most spectacular property at Milwaukee’s Mitchell International Airport.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Due to a Harley convention going on, I was forced to spend my week here instead of another preferred hotel. There's a pool indoors in the middle of the hotel that has the hotel halls at a blazing 85 degrees with a 100% humidity. My bed was obviously lacking springs so when I sat on it, I almost sunk right to the bottom and off the bed! (I'm 5'4", 120lbs) the bathroom baseboards and air vent were filthy as well. We ate at the attached bar and restaurant and we're almost certain our waitress was on Meth. It took FOREVER to get our food and it was wrong at that.

Never going back and wouldnt recommend it.

2  Thank Cordey1978