Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #25 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Indiana
“Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this location numerous times, but I was disappointed this time. The hot tub was out of order, we ordered a pizza and it wasn't very tasty. My sister was next door and when you turned on the air conditioner it made a horrible noise. The pool area was dirty. On the positive note the breakfast personnel were very friendly and the buffet was ok. Upon checking out the front desk never asked how our stay was. I told the lady about my sisters room and she said we should have called. I stated it was at midnight when we got to bed. I asked her if they do maintenance on the rooms and she said they did. I will probably stay there again because it is a good location, but if I have another problem I will definitely stay at another hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I’m sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations during your last stay. We always strive to deliver a superior product and I too am disappointed to hear we did not achieve our goal this time around. I’m sorry, to, that our hot tub was down for repairs the night you stayed with us. I’m reassured to hear you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet and even more delighted to hear you have stayed with us before and will be back again. We have taken your review as a learning opportunity and are using the feedback you provided to ensure next time you are with us you will experience the product and level of service you have grown to love at our property. If I can be of further assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Mark A. Johnson
Vice President/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is nice and rooms recently renovated. However there were so many details that were just not taken care of while renovating, doors are warped, locks don't work well, mattress seemed older and had a sag in the middle...

At the end of the day it is a great location, clean and nice. But don't expect more and it is a borderline 3 star because of the details.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We you understanding that renovation is a process and we hope you return soon to see the finished product. Your observations are well taken and we have been working to correct the overlooked details during the most recent batch of renovation. Thank you for the kind remarks about our location as well as the assessment that our rooms are high quality and clean. Come and give us another try and I think you will see the process of continual improvement has been ongoing. By early to mid November the entire exterior of the hotel will be transformed into the most spectacular property at Milwaukee’s Mitchell International Airport.

Mark A. Johnson
Vice President/General Manager
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Due to a Harley convention going on, I was forced to spend my week here instead of another preferred hotel. There's a pool indoors in the middle of the hotel that has the hotel halls at a blazing 85 degrees with a 100% humidity. My bed was obviously lacking springs so when I sat on it, I almost sunk right to the bottom and off the bed! (I'm 5'4", 120lbs) the bathroom baseboards and air vent were filthy as well. We ate at the attached bar and restaurant and we're almost certain our waitress was on Meth. It took FOREVER to get our food and it was wrong at that.

Never going back and wouldnt recommend it.

2 Thank Cordey1978
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The only positives I can mention is that the pool area is very nice, the soundproofing is good since we barely heard air traffic, and the food and staff at breakfast was very good.

Overall, though, this property is vastly overrated. It is currently being renovated but it is apparently long overdue. Our first room had a broken phone, refrigerator, safe and wifi didn't work in it for some reason. We trekked down to the front desk, they offered a (supposed) slight upgrade but the room was physically the very last room they had. They put us as far from every amenity as possible. All of the appliances were unplugged in the second room, there was no stand for our suitcase, the shower curtain had some wicked mildew and the refrigerator was shoved under the counter by the bathroom instead of being installed in the piece of furniture that was in the room, leaving a large unsightly 'hole' as a focal point for this sad room. The fridge was resting on the carpet, so we had to lift up the whole thing to open the door. There seemed to be two outlets in the whole bedroom with extension cords and power strips stretching around the room. At that point we just wanted a place to sleep. So we went out and when we came back about 9:00 and found out our TV didn't work. That was the final straw. It took 45 minutes for a "maintenance man" to come to our room. All of the furniture in this hotel is beat up, damaged, collapsed and generally depressing. The pictures on the wall was even sagging to try to get out of their frames. The carpet was barely vacuumed with dirt and hair in all the corners, the mirror needed cleaning, other peoples hair in the bathroom. How is this more than a 1-2 star hotel??

I think I'm done with Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sheila D
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Gina & I stayed here 2 nights for one of those park-sleep-fly deals, flying out of Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE) & returning.

These are the deals where you stay the night before your flight, perhaps also staying the night you return, & while you're away you can leave your car parked on the premises. These packages can make for a lot more flexibility in trip planning, allowing a practical way to fly out of an airport that isn't in your city. This could mean big savings if you don't mind a short road trip.

It's a nice hotel, located across Howell Avenue from the airport. There is a restaurant & a sports-bar on the premises, with a number of restaurants nearby, & complimentary breakfast is included. An indoor pool with a jacuzzi makes a nice place to relax. Regular courtesy shuttles run back & forth to the airport, providing prompt, door-to-door service.

The hot breakfast doesn't begin until 6 am, but there is a small "grab & go" selection of fruit, cereal bars, etc. Our flight out was such that we had to be at the airport by 6 am, so we had to have the grab & go, which unfortunately wasn't much. If you have an early flight you may want to bring some bagels, croissants or some such with you. The morning after we returned we did get the regular breakfast, which was very good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, pastries, & those Golden Malted waffles you make yourself in the flip-around waffle baker.

Our room was clean & comfortable. Nice bed, although excitement about our vacation trip made sleep restless.

Overall a very good value. Next time we fly out of Milwaukee we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevators. They're hydraulic & rather noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
South Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has it all, great rooms, a restaurant, a sports bar, a beauty salon, pool, hot tub, game area, and not to mention a beautiful newly renovated banquet hall. The last time I was in there they were remodeling the public restrooms, and planning on taking out the carpet in the main hall and replacing with marble flooring. I have stayed here once and have had no problems, and I am getting married here in September. I have taste tested the food- which is amazing I reccomend the chicken parmesan, and I have recieved nothing but great service so far. I will update with how the wedding turns out! :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2012

clean close to downtown the best staff great food excellent in every way would help you at all times picked up from airport fast. the pool is large water warm, hot tub, clean perfect, exercise room, the bar in the hotel runs specials and is very good would always come back to the same motel

Room Tip: any the staff is the best close to every thing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business