Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Gina & I stayed here 2 nights for one of those park-sleep-fly deals, flying out of Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE) & returning.

These are the deals where you stay the night before your flight, perhaps also staying the night you return, & while you're away you can leave your car parked on the premises. These packages can make for a lot more flexibility in trip planning, allowing a practical way to fly out of an airport that isn't in your city. This could mean big savings if you don't mind a short road trip.

It's a nice hotel, located across Howell Avenue from the airport. There is a restaurant & a sports-bar on the premises, with a number of restaurants nearby, & complimentary breakfast is included. An indoor pool with a jacuzzi makes a nice place to relax. Regular courtesy shuttles run back & forth to the airport, providing prompt, door-to-door service.

The hot breakfast doesn't begin until 6 am, but there is a small "grab & go" selection of fruit, cereal bars, etc. Our flight out was such that we had to be at the airport by 6 am, so we had to have the grab & go, which unfortunately wasn't much. If you have an early flight you may want to bring some bagels, croissants or some such with you. The morning after we returned we did get the regular breakfast, which was very good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, pastries, & those Golden Malted waffles you make yourself in the flip-around waffle baker.

Our room was clean & comfortable. Nice bed, although excitement about our vacation trip made sleep restless.

Overall a very good value. Next time we fly out of Milwaukee we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevators. They're hydraulic & rather noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has it all, great rooms, a restaurant, a sports bar, a beauty salon, pool, hot tub, game area, and not to mention a beautiful newly renovated banquet hall. The last time I was in there they were remodeling the public restrooms, and planning on taking out the carpet in the main hall and replacing with marble flooring. I have stayed here once and have had no problems, and I am getting married here in September. I have taste tested the food- which is amazing I reccomend the chicken parmesan, and I have recieved nothing but great service so far. I will update with how the wedding turns out! :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

clean close to downtown the best staff great food excellent in every way would help you at all times picked up from airport fast. the pool is large water warm, hot tub, clean perfect, exercise room, the bar in the hotel runs specials and is very good would always come back to the same motel

Room Tip: any the staff is the best close to every thing
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel stay was due to traveling. I was in for one night to catch a flight the next morning at 6 AM. The hotel was chosen for its close location to the air port as well as a restaurant on location and also the hot tub. Seemed like it was perfect.

Well, upon arrival the notice was that only the sports bar was open. The nice sounding restaurant that had been so appealing was not open every day, only Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. It was not nice to fool me.

Then the hot tub. It was not announced or noted when I checked in but the hot tub was down for maintenance.

When I arrived the next morning ready to have the shuttle service take me to the air port I was told I should have signed up the night before. Again, no one mentioned it.

The restaurant food was a main draw, particularly the very well priced specials. I really missed that.

The tub, I never investigated why it was down. I was tired of the other let downs from what I had expected so I just did not check on it.

The room was on the same floor as the pool and hot tub. It was not quiet as I would have liked.

The room was clean and the TV worked, so not all was lost.

If I was to justify the cost of this again for pleasure as this trip was, I would ask a whole lot more questions.

One bright spot, the bar tender serving the bar food was engaging and friendly. That was a positive even if the food was not to my liking.

Oh yea, the next day breakfast they told us about when this was booked. It was supposed to be early since air port travelers often have to go early, right? Nope, it was the usual 6AM start.

They had "grab and go" stuff. I tried one while waiting for the driver to decided if I could go since I had not signed up and it was not for me. So my meal ticket was a waste.

Lesson, ask detailed questions since the person we talked to in planning this trip just rattled off things and did not give details. Another hotel closer to the air port was much more satisfying to several other early travelers I later found out.

Room Tip: If you stay here, CHECK on the things you care about. Unless you like the rooms next to the pools ri...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were in Milwaukee for the Cardinals-Brewers series. We stayed 4 nights. Rooms were great; beds and pillows were very comfortable; pool, hot tub and fitness center were better than expected; the hot breakfast was great; and the microwave, refrigerator, and safe in the room were an added bonus. We also utilized the bar and restaurant that were on site. We felt very safe in this neighborhood. The facility was very clean and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Will definitely be staying here again for our next trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor room near the atrium/pool area. We did not have any problems with noise...
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here following 2 nights in Minneapolis at a BWPlus, a real treat there - a sour taste here. The lobby was sketchy looking with the 'salon' services off to the side. Our room was at the back and while the hotel entry door was secure, our room door felt anything but! The door was old and no longer fit the frame, rattling every time the nearby outside door was opened. We triple locked the door and put the suitcase up to it to keep it from rattling. Either the last guest or staff had unplugged the fridge resulting in a defrosted freezer and water soaked rug right by the slippery barhroom floor. Two highlights of the stay were the prompt service at midnight when we got home from ball game, and the restaurant setting for continental breakfast. Couldn't refer anyone to this hotel anytime soon.

1  Thank SKprairiemom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My room was broken into. Hotel took no responsibility for security. Attended a large wedding. This wedding and guests spent a lot of money there. Door left proped open. No security guard. No camers in hallways. Management took no responsibility for security issues. Management blamed the guests for not securing there doors. Door were not made of steel and did not meet safety criteria or fire code standards. I suggest no one every stay at the Best Western in Milwaukee if you are looking for a clean secure plac to rest tour head.

1  Thank Jacqueline B
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

The safety and security of our guests and employees are of our upmost concern. The hotel does have security camersa around the hotel; however they are not in every hallway. The hotel and other buisnesses in the Airport area have a contract with a private security company that patrols our hotel as well as other businesses around the airport. The hotel also offers Traveler Safety tips in our guestroom directories for our guest. I want to assure all guests that the claims made in the posting were false. The Milwaukee Police department was called by the Managment of the hotel to respond to the guests claims. The Police investigated and found no forced entry and no items were stolen. The guest had been at a wedding reception late at night in the hotel prior to returning to their room to make the claim. As far as the claim about our guestroom doors, this also is untrue. The hotel was inspected by the City of Milwaukee in May for its annual hotel occupancy license to operate and it passed all City Codes. Let me assure everyone that we run a safe and secure hotel and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.