Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 30, 2012

this hotel is wonderful, great loacation especially for summerfest and other outings in milwaukee the pool area is like a tropical getaway...........very great place

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 12, 2012

First floor room near the pool was noisy and too light at night. The mattress was far too soft and the pillows were too large. The breakfast was better than average. The staff was friendly; but a minor incident left a sour taste. I noticed that my printed bill was $4 higher for two nights than the amount on the reservation. When I brought this to the attention of the person at the desk she explained that the extra charge was for a safe in the room. Since I had no use for a safe and had not been asked about it at check-in, much less advised of an additional cost I questioned the bill and the desk clerk promply and cheerfully adjusted the final bill. My concern was that this addition is part of routine policy and that only those who actually object are spared the cost

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ormond42
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Front desk staff was great. Thanks for the Snyder's pretzels! Wow, they were great. Spacious room. Very close and easy riide from airport.

Room Tip: some rooms are pool level, some overlook pool, others more private.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Our two family caravan of four adults and three kids stayed at this property the night before our early morning flight to Puerto Rico. I'd blindly reserved the rooms for us, based on an internet search for hotels that would let us park our cars on their premises while we were away and then retrieve them upon our return. Based on the room rates, I expected this to be a creepy, sad sort of place. Instead, we were treated to immaculate rooms, outstanding service, and poolside service of food that was very much worth eating.

A measure of the value this place provides: the delightful and comodious pool area was surrounded by actual living plants, including trees. A small thing you say? I beg to differ. Think of all the depressing places you've stayed that tarted up their common areas with dusty fake foliage.

There are properties you visit where you can tell everyone who serves you hates their job and their life and --by extension-- you. Then there are those other properties, regardless of price point, where it's clear the staff has bought in to the idea that this is where people should want to stay. They're glad you're there. They're excited about the amenities they offer. They're having a good time. The Best Western Plus, Milwaukee Airport definitely falls into that second and laudable category.

Is this the Ritz Carleton? No. Is this an excellent value where you'll feel pampered? Absolutely.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, it's very fun to get rooms overlooking the pool. Unlike many...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AppleNell
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Very well kept, clean property with large room, comfortable bed, large TV and well laid out bathroom. The common areas were right up there with Hilton quality and very clean but a Best Western proce. Nice sports bar in the lobby. Very convinient location for anyone traveling. Less than 5 minutes to the airport but the rooms were still quiet inside with the planes flying right over.

The staff however is no asset to The Best Western. The front desk clerk who checked me in told me to drive around to "The back enterence" and I would be closer to my room but didn't bother to tell me there are 10 different back enterences or which one I shoud use. The airport shuttle driver picked me up with Rap Music playing very loud and he turned it up two times in the five minute drive. I made a reservation for a 5:00 AM shuttle as I was flying out at 6:20 and the same front desk clek didn't put my name on the list. When I was checking out I heard another guest complaining to the desk clerk about the shuttle driver so I wasn't alone on that opinion. I asked for a 4:30 wake up call that came at 4:45. Luckily I set my own alarm.

If you need a nice place close to the airport at a low cost this place is great. Just don't count on a professional staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I can't imagine any other reason to stay here. The pool is surrounded by rooms, so the internal area is hot and humid and it takes a while to cool the rooms overlooking the pool down a bit. On the plus side, the room had a fridge and the breakfast was slightly better than most places.

On the con side, because the pool is used by airline crew, there can be comings and going at all hours. The only elevator is way at the back of the hotel, so you need to roll your bags through the pool area to get to the elevator.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is my second time at the Best Western Milwaukee airport hotel and once again I'm reminded why I continue to come back to this hotel every time I visit Milwaukee. The service I receive from the moment I landed to the moment I'm dropped off at the airport is nothing but top notch. I've been to five star hotels with far less friendly customer service representatives. Staff there is amazing if you ever need anything make sure you ask for Hudson or Becky, the two of them made my trip this time even more amazing then the first. Will never stay anywhere else when I'm in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jason M
Travelers also viewed these Milwaukee hotels
Clarion Hotel Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport
Best Western Milwaukee West
Best Western Milwaukee West
#14 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 5105 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6130 (Formerly Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Family Hotel in Milwaukee
#24 Romantic Hotel in Milwaukee
#25 Business Hotel in Milwaukee
Price Range: $85 - $147 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center 3*
In addition to an indoor pool, Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center provides a whirlpool and a 24-hour fitness center. Dining options at the hotel includes Aviator Bar & Grill. Aviator Bar and Grille - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Room service (during limited hours) is available. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning from 6am-10am and early travelers have a quick and easy Grab & Go breakfast option. An Airline arrivals and departures monitor is located in the main lobby and on site wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Business-related amenities at this 3-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 12,000 square feet (1115 square meters) include a conference center. This family-friendly hotel also offers an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and gift shops. A round trip airport shuttle is complimentary to guests (available 24 hours). Onsite self parking is complimentary. Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr is a smoke-free property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center