All reviewsmiller parkva hospitalpancake machinemedical centerbrewers gameball parkfront deskroom was cleannice place to staythe breakfast areaolder hotelwithin walking distancenice breakfastpool and hot tubyogurtstaff was very friendly and helpfulfree breakfast
Reviewed July 12, 2018

I booked this hotel due to the close proximity to Miller Park and the good reviews. Well this was an experience that we won't soon forget I had called a week earlier and asked if we could possibly get an early check-in as we were meeting friends on a tour. We arrived to check-in at 1:30 and was told by the man at the front desk that"No, this was not possible"! Even though he was rude,I explained the situation, he said we had requested a king size bed and that was impossible right now. My husband asked if anything else was ready, that we take that and he said no and he was not rushing anyone to clean, So we left and checked in at 7:00 and when we got to the room, the phone was nowhere to be found remote for tv was missing, smoke alarm beeping.Good job cleaning! The next morning the electric went out. My husband was in the shower and hollered to me to get the shampoo, and no shampoo in the bathroom.Electric out, so walked 3 flights of stairs down to front desk for shampoo and back up. They said everyone had better get breakfast now before it gets cold, the hotplates were electric. So people in the hotel were getting their food and eating in the dining area or taking it to their room. I got mine first and took it up to the room and then my husband went and when he started back up to the stairs, someone in hotel service hollered at him and said he couldn't take a glass plate to the room when myself and others already had, he slipped on the stairs and fell. Skinned his knee and shin bone.my husband is 67 years old. He had to keep getting bandaids from the hotel to keep it from bleeding on his clothes.The sheets were not changed for 3 days, I had to ask for soap, nothing was ever replaced. when I complained about the sheets, all I heard was Its a green hotel!!!! We were told that we would get a credit to our bill for all the issues,so I asked the same rude guy that we talked to when first tried to check-in, when we checked out about the credit and he said he would ask the manager at 2:00. We did get two different credits, but doesn't add up to even one nights stay. We asked to have him e-mail a copy of the revised bill, never did. I had to call my credit card company to find out the bill! I contacted BW customer service about all of this and the manager was supposed to contact us,never did. But he told them he did. I will say the restaurant and breakfast food is very good at this hotel, but we will never stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uniquegirl
Nick J, Manager at Best Western Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Combs,

First of all I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings. I would like to clarify them for you. I understand that you called previously for an early check in. Based on our hotel policy we do allow early check in if the room is available. Of course if the room is not vacant and not clean we will not be able to do this for you. We are a small hotel with only 62 rooms. We were sold out the previous night, so we were not be able to check you in early. Our check out time is 11AM. As J, the man at the front desk, explained to both of you when you came to check in at 12:04PM, we did not have any vacant ready rooms for you. I did go over the visual and audio footage of your initial check in and J was not being rude. He explained our policy for early check in and he said that if we have the room ready we are glad to get you in. You did check in at 4:11PM, not 7:00. The TV remote and phone were in the room, I am sorry you were unable to locate them immediately. I do apologize that we lost power Sunday morning, this was due to We Energies cutting power to our location and several other businesses in the area to do emergency maintenance. Regarding breakfast, we did allow guest's to bring food to their room due to the power going out. We, however, do not have any glass plates. I do apologize your husband fell on the staircase. We do have incident reports to fill out in the event of a situation like this, otherwise in minor situations we do have a first aid kit to help. I did receive your complaint about the sheets not being change, but I did not receive this until after you had checked out. We have a 24 hour staff that is here for our guests and they are able to either change your sheets, or relay to our housekeeping department that you have requested your sheets be changed. We did credit you twice which is correct. I did email you your receipt. As I explained, we reduced the first night's cost for you and posted an adjustment on the room rate for the second credit. I have been in contact with you through email and via phone calls.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know. I am sorry you did not enjoy your three night stay with us.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We chose the hotel based on location the room was great it had just been remodeled and was very clean and beautiful. The staff was very friendly.
The complimentary breakfast was so good lots of choices in food and beverages We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you liked our recently renovated rooms! Come and check us our when we finish our exterior! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is under renovation but in all honesty it didn’t affect our stay what so ever. Nick at the front desk was excellent to deal with and so helpful with any questions or concerns we had. Parking is full every night but we always found a spot no problem. The room we had was a king room and was excellent. Staff were great! We eat in the Pub downstairs pizza and wings were great. Had the Rueben sandwich very good couldn’t eat all the fries. The staff (Brooke, Julia) were great and a ton of laughs. We met a lot of ball fans over a beer or two, and had fun and laughs. The hotel is close to the ball park and is an easy walk. Go right out of the property to the second set of lights cross the street and walk to the stadium. Lots of people walk to the games NO concerns or worries with safety at all. We recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to go to the Brewers ball games.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us during the Brewer games! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Love staying at Best Western and this was no exception. Within walking distance to Miller Park.Even though there were external renovations going on, it didn't hamper anything. The room was wonderful, spacious and comfortable, complete with a kitchenette and jetted tub. Service was great, from the front desk to the bar service. Breakfast was good, numerous choices. After reading other reviews I was concerned about the parking, but it was not an issue at all. The only downfall was that the in room internet was slow, which was unusual. Overall a great place, I will stay again

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed our recently renovated interior! We plan to have the exterior finished this year! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We stayed for two nights during Summerfest. The room was great, the staff were helpful. Breakfast was pretty good as well. We used the pool and hot tub and enjoyed it. Even though they were in the midst of remodeling, the say went very well!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nick J, Operations Manager at Best Western Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Thank you Lisa B for taking the time to review us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in town for Summerfest! I hope you enjoyed the time to relax in our pool and hot tub and then awake to an amazing hot breakfast buffet! I am also glad our ongoing renovations had little effect to you during your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Operations Manager