“Overnight Stay for VA Hospital”

Best Western Milwaukee West
Ranked #14 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Walking distance to VA Hospital,,Great staff,,Great room very comfortable bed (lot's of pillow's) Great Bar and Grill for dinner. Priced very well for the portion's,,Excellent complete breakfast to wake up too. Thank You, AAA+ Doug T.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Erik U, General Manager at Best Western Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Doug,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay with us here at the Best Western Woods View Inn! We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to taking care of you again the next time you return to the Milwaukee area!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went to Milwaukee for the weekend to take the kids to Discovery World. The hotel could use some updating, the walls are very thin. At night the light from the hallway shines in the door frame like a night light. We did hear a few people at night but that can happen anywhere. The ladies at the front desk were awesome. They were always very nice and helped us with directions. The breakfast was always fresh and never was empty of anything. We also ate at the restaurant at the hotel called Crazy Chef, the atmosphere was different but the food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed themselves during your most recent visit to the Best Western Woods View Inn! WE greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it in our quest to be ever evolving in the accommodation’s and services in which we provide to our guests. Once again we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I traveled to Milwaukee for work on January 28 and was booked into the Best Western Woods View Inn. I had never been to this property before but was confident it would be fine with the "Best Western" logo. As I drove to the property, I nearly missed the sign, as all the lights were off outside and inside the building. My first thought was, "Is this place even open?? Or has it been closed down?" I pulled into the drive and found what appeared to be a door to the lobby. Lights were off inside there too. I looked up at the Best Western sign again, trying to convince myself it was okay to go in. I did, and a guy was walking around with a flashlight. He left the front desk several times before coming back to talk with me. I asked if I was in the right place and he confirmed I was. I told him I was there to check in. He said the power was out and he had no way to enter me into the computer system and asked for a few minutes to take care of something. It was obvious they were having an power outage issue and told him I understood. When he came back he said I was the last person that was to check in that evening and so he knew which room I was in and could show me to it. He said the power was still operating in the rooms so my key card should work and as should the lights in the room; just the tv and internet were down. I told him that was fine. He directed me to my room and I made my way there.... This building is old, worn and looks to have been used as "apartments" (comparable to my sons college dorm room building they just tore down...) But it appears they are trying to convert this place into a hotel. I expected more from a "Best Western" property. In the hallway there were holes in the walls and floor board trim, plywood covering vent holes. Shotty flooring in the hallways continued into the rooms. In my room there were splatters of something on the bathroom walls, door and vanity, peeling faux covering on the bathroom cabinet, etc. The linolium floor in the bathroom moved underfoot as you stepped on it. First appearance had me worried to sleep in the bed, as I was sure I would be attacked by flees or worse. The place was not completely bad.... the room had a nice tv and was as clean as they could make it. The room had a kitchenette, with a fridge, microwave, stove/oven, and sink. The refrigerator was noisy and turned on all night long. I evenutally got up and turned the temp way down to try and prevent it from turning on so much. (I was unable to pull the plug fromt he wall.) The bed itself was comfortable and I was not attacked by any biting creatures, thankfully. However, the place was noisy and sounds coming from rooms next door and above me, was the sound of "apartment life" more than a hotel... Talking and cooking noises and tv heard late into the night.
The parking area I felt was unsafe; down a hill (could be icy from refreeze in the winter time) to an small area that was not well lit in all areas and not easy to manuver in and out a vehicle (a compact at that!)
I was leery to even stay the night but since I was traveling for work and am required to use their travel agent for reservations; I left the hotel to find a restaurant that had wifi and send a message to my company that this place was a dump and I needed to be moved for the remaining nights of my stay in Milwaukee. Although I was reserved for three nights, I checked out the next morning and went to another hotel. (I should not I spend about 12 days a month traveling out of state for work, in addition to traveling for pleasure, so I stay in many, many hotels. Only one other time in 16 years have I asked to leave a property they booked me in. I'm not a high-class traveler and have a high tolerance.)
When I checked out the next morning, I was not asked how my stay was. When I asked the attendant if they determined what the electrical problem was the night before, her response was, "It wasn't our fault, that's all I can tell you!" I was not offered a discount for any inconvenience during my stay. An apology did come a couple weeks later via email after Best Western requested I review their property and I send them my experience.
This property looks to have a pool area and free breakfast, from the website's list of amenities; but I did not look for or take advantage of these. It does have a restaurant on-site, as I spoke to the cook while I was waiting in the dark lobby.
For the price that was paid per night ($99, if I recall the billing submitted to my company), I would not stay here again. My feeling is that this place is not a $99 stay... maybe in the condition that it is in $69 or 79... but not one hundred bucks! They appeared to be remodeling the lobby, which does look nice... but I think the hallways and rooms need more attention. But the pictures of the lobby did make my company feel comfortable that this was a nice place to book me at, so I suppose they are successfully drawing the clients there. Now they just need to focus on keeping them more than one night!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Please accept the apologies of the entire team that you did not have a pleasant experience while you were with us. The vast majority of items you had pointed out are items that are all are currently or will be addressed by the renovation the entire hotel is currently under. We are sorry you experienced these issues during our renovation process, had you stayed with us 90 days into the future the vast majority of the items you pointed out you would have never experienced. We are hopeful should your travels bring you back through the Milwaukee area again the future that you would return and experience our hotel once all of our upgrades and renovations are complete.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here to see a game at bradley center.big flat screen in room.i used pool and jacuzzi in morning.price was good.free parking in back although i had them call me a cab.hotel is west of everything.miller park not too far.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feelings about your most recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The overall stay was very pleasurable and relaxing. The breakfast could have offered some kind of meat entre though. Some kind of laundry bag would have come in handy as it was the one time I forgot to bring any kind of plastic bag.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Susan,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your stay, we greatly appreciate our guests letting us know how we are doing. I am happy to report that we are 75% complete with a complete breakfast overhaul, the breakfast area itself has been remodeled and enlarged and over the next few upcoming weeks the offers of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, and oatmeal will be added to our breakfast. Once again we thank you for you sharing your suggestions for improvement with us and we hope the next time you visit you will be pleased with our new breakfast offerings!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I asked for a quiet room and got a very loud room. Not only was it close to the elevator but the walls were so thin the man in the room next door kept me up all night with his snoring Today I called the assistant manager to let him know that after taking a bath I noticed something pretty awful looking on the side of the toilet and I thought he might want to know this. He simply said he would have housekeeping look at it after I leave and hung up on me.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelOn14

On behalf of the entire team of the Best Western Woods View Inn please accept our apologies for your experiences you encountered during your last stay with us. We welcome al guest feedback and use it on a daily basis to improve the accommodation’s and services in which we provide to our guests and we thank you for assisting us in that journey.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel was very accommodating to me as my husband was a patient in the VA hospital. The room was very clean and staff was very friendly and accommodating. You can walk to the VA from the hotel which I did during my whole stay. For me it is easier than driving in a strange city. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone...The biggest plus to me was the clean and comfy room! I did not use the fitness room or the pool, but they both looked great and others were using them. I would definitely stay again! Very friendy place!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! We please to hear that we were able to provide you a comfortable stay and that we will be able to have you as our guest again in the future.